Fobus holster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently purchased a fobus holster for my tokyo marui Glock 17. I should of done a bit of research to find out that TM glocks measurements aren't identical to the actual gun, they're slightly bigger. Apparently this is to get around licensing? Weather or not that is true I found myself with a holster that was too small. I've drilled two of the rivets out and the gun slides in nicely and locks into place. I'll get some spacers from work next week, I just wanted to share this to anyone whose looking for a holster.

I've read somewhere that the holsters for G21 fit as it a high caliper gun so it's wider. Not tried it myself so best of luck!

The holster:

565eaf.jpg

The gap needed for the gun to fit:

243a08.jpg

Can highly recommend the Fobus kit. I have one for my 1911 one for my M9 and they're both as secure as a very secure thing. VERY tight when they're new, so just the excuse you need to wear it around the house in order to break it in. A little spray of silicone helps too.

Had one with my cz75. Cracking holster for the price - secure and easy to use.

ive done exactly the same thing for with the same type fobus for my glock 19 :)

works a treat, little tip though if you can make it just a little bit wider add some thin foam to the areas where the slide will sit and you shouldnt get any wear.. i found that out after my slide started to wear

I have two Fobus holsters, both good quality, solid and pretty cheap. I have a rear/downwards draw one for my Glock 17 with light/laser, no issues with it and a friction type holster for without. I had to do quite a bit of sanding of the holster's interior to my Glock to fit. I thought it was just because I'd bought a cheap HFC pistol as my first purchase, but I was chatting to a very knowledgeable pistol instructor called Benny at The Range on the Edgeware Road in London, he was telling me it is a common issue with Fobus holsters, so much so that many ranges in the US will not allow them on their training courses as they have seen too many accidental discharges as people try to draw them quickly and shoot themselves! (Ouch!!). But with a little doctoring (the aforementioned sanding or as others have posted) they can become excellent holsters for airsofters.

No amount of sanding or silicon spray would of helped, here's how much I had to open it up for it to slide out comfortably;

b2d396.jpg

88b0a7.jpg

Works brilliantly now. I think it's that TM are bigger than the actual gun. Other glock manufactures might slide in fine.

Wow! That's a bit more than a tad??!!!

Wow! That's a bit more than a tad??!!!

Yea. The problem I see happening is the gun slides in on the corners, if that makes sense. It'll wear on the gun quicker than it should.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.