Vfc hk417 trigger response

Adammd209
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, as the title suggests I'm looking to improve my vfc hk417's trigger response time. It's not really noticeable on full auto (obviously) but I'm wanting it to fit a DMR role. I was thinking of just using a 7.4 25c lipo but will this make a difference?

• Supporters

Rewiring with 16AWG cable will also improve current delivery at least as much as switching to Deans.

SHS 13:1 Gears will increase TR considerably, but at the cost of requiring more torque from the motor to pull the same spring. A high torque motor will sort that out. The standard way of increasing torque is to use thicker wire for the motor turnings, so it can draw more current, but in a limited space such as a predetermined motor size, fatter wire means less length and fewer turnings means less speed. Another way is to use better quality wire, purer copper, which has a lower resistance, which means that you get more current down the same number of turnings, hence no loss of speed, at the expense of... well, expense, cash. I can vouch for ICS Turbo 3000, but other people swear by G&P M120, Lonex A1, or Systema...

Mosfet, either a ASCU V2 or the BTC Chimera mk2 or Spectre mk2. But a normal AB mosfet will also considerably improve trigger response.

• Supporters

if you're going down the MOSFET route, skip everything everyone has said and just buy a MOSFET that features pre-cocking. Near instant trigger response regardless of anything else. (cycle speed will still be affected by other things, upgraded wiring and deans connectors are still advised)

• Supporters

Do you know of a good one, James? Linky? Cos that sounds like something I need on my L1A1 whenever I finally get her working...

Do you know of a good one, James? Linky? Cos that sounds like something I need on my L1A1 whenever I finally get her working...

http://www.btcairsoft.com/chimera_v2gb

damn difficult to find one in stock though

• Supporters

V2 GB only too V^^V grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

V2 GB only too V^^V grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I thought the ARES SLR is a modified V2, mine looks a bit like those G&G V2+ with the extended pistons, they might fit, but you might consider asking them?

• Supporters

TBH I didn't consider asking them :lol: But yeah, sounds like a plan.

Archived