G&G GT vs G&P

Pritchasaurus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering which one of these guns I should get as I'm looking to replace my currant gun but I'm not sure which is better:

G&G GT: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/tr_16_carbine_top_tech.html

G&P: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_394&products_id=5613

Thanks

• Supporters

Personally, I'd say G&P. It's a little cheaper and G&P's M4/M16 series are decent guns, had my M16 a couple of years or so now, the only thing that I've changed is the barrel to a MadBull 509x6.03mm, and it's still shooting the same FPS as when I got it. I've not opened the gearbox at all, it's not been cleaned, greased, checked or anything, and only today I've noticed that the trigger response has dropped quite a bit. I think it may be due to oxidising of the contacts, as I use semi-auto so often.

For the G&G, it's a Gen3 Top Tech, so comes with a MOSFET installed, which will eliminate any trigger contact oxidisation, so you won't lose trigger response over time due to that. Comparing my mate's G&G M16 with my G&P M16, the externals on mine are so, so much better. His G&G feels like it's cheap metal, whereas the G&P feels pretty good. The G&G feels kind of 'lumpy' when you shoot, it's hard to explain, but it doesn't feel as smooth as the G&P. The G&P has better trigger response initially and better fire rate.

He's recently bought himself a G&P M4 to replace his M16, because after comparing the two, he's said he'll never choose G&G over G&P again.

That said, most people absolutely love G&G and seem to recommend them against pretty much everything else. So, read reviews of each, check the dates on them too to make sure it's the same generation of each gun, and make a decision. Whichever one you choose, you'll have a decent gun that'll last a good few years on the stock internals, if you feel it needs it, put a tightbore barrel in it and you're all set to go.

Personally, I'd say G&P. It's a little cheaper and G&P's M4/M16 series are decent guns, had my M16 a couple of years or so now, the only thing that I've changed is the barrel to a MadBull 509x6.03mm, and it's still shooting the same FPS as when I got it. I've not opened the gearbox at all, it's not been cleaned, greased, checked or anything, and only today I've noticed that the trigger response has dropped quite a bit. I think it may be due to oxidising of the contacts, as I use semi-auto so often.

For the G&G, it's a Gen3 Top Tech, so comes with a MOSFET installed, which will eliminate any trigger contact oxidisation, so you won't lose trigger response over time due to that. Comparing my mate's G&G M16 with my G&P M16, the externals on mine are so, so much better. His G&G feels like it's cheap metal, whereas the G&P feels pretty good. The G&G feels kind of 'lumpy' when you shoot, it's hard to explain, but it doesn't feel as smooth as the G&P. The G&P has better trigger response initially and better fire rate.

He's recently bought himself a G&P M4 to replace his M16, because after comparing the two, he's said he'll never choose G&G over G&P again.

That said, most people absolutely love G&G and seem to recommend them against pretty much everything else. So, read reviews of each, check the dates on them too to make sure it's the same generation of each gun, and make a decision. Whichever one you choose, you'll have a decent gun that'll last a good few years on the stock internals, if you feel it needs it, put a tightbore barrel in it and you're all set to go.

strap broke. G&P hit concrete floor barrel first. still like new apart from a few scratches on the flash hider.

Also I agree the externals are great.

As for recommending G&G against pretty much everything else. I think that's mostly the G&G Combat Machine, rather than Top Tech, because of it being a really good AEG for the ridiculously low price. I'd say for G&G Combat Machine, they could probably not compete with G&P other than on price.

• Supporters

They're about equal in my opinion, the G&G shoots better but the G&P feels better.

It's a lot easier to get the G&P to shoot as well as the G&G than it is to get the G&G to feel as nice as the G&P, and so the G&P would be my preference.

Love my G&G Gen 2 M4. Can't comment on the G&P but I'd rather spend £200-£300 on something which is only a couple of steps down from a G&P, and doesn't have a price tag of over £400.

If I was to spend that money it'd be on a TM Recoil Shock or a Real Sword AEG, I wouldn't want to spend an extra £200-£400 for a slightly better metal quality. If I wanted better externals that badly I'd just buy a receiver, some furniture and barrel parts from G&P (and that'd probably cost less than the price difference between the 2 manufacturers).

• Supporters

Love my G&G Gen 2 M4. Can't comment on the G&P but I'd rather spend £200-£300 on something which is only a couple of steps down from a G&P, and doesn't have a price tag of over £400.

If I was to spend that money it'd be on a TM Recoil Shock or a Real Sword AEG, I wouldn't want to spend an extra £200-£400 for a slightly better metal quality. If I wanted better externals that badly I'd just buy a receiver, some furniture and barrel parts from G&P (and that'd probably cost less than the price difference between the 2 manufacturers).

The difference in the OP's case is that the G&P is cheaper.

Buying a g&p receiver, furniture and barrel parts for your gun would probably cost almost as much as just buying a G&P in the first place and if not, it'd certainly be very close. It's not so much better quality metal as it is the finish to the metal, it's hard to explain without having both to hand :D

A standard G&P m4a1 is actually a very well priced rifle, they're only just over £200, it's the externals they produce that bump the prices up on their rifles, which to my mind in most cases is justifiably so, £100 for a well made rail kit for example is decent- certainly no more than some madbull stuff which in many cases is made to the wrong spec. It's not just 'slightly better metal quality', it's the whole package, rails etc that build up the value- sometimes it's a lot and hard to stomach I can't deny but it is what it is.

This of course isn't to knock g&g stuff, it's all very solid stuff from them too, and if you aren't fussy about how realistic it feels and would rather a bit better performance then they really are good.

I have a couple of G&G Toptech weapons and a G&P M249 support weapon and they are both realistic and close to the real weight.

One of the things that irritated me about the G&P is the lack of even a basic manual.

When I asked the supplier they said this is usual for G&P.

Archived