Gun to get that's not an AK/M4

Shinobi
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I swear I'll stop bothering you guys after this :L
And just to note, I haven't deleted my other topics, as they might be of assistance to others :)

So, my parents said I wasn't alowwed a gun, until i've been skirmishine a few times. To start I was a bit annoyed, but it's actually turned out for the better :) Why you might ask? Because i'm not sure I want an M4, I want to be abit different!

Now, ideally it'd be a Scar/L85, but there way out my £200 budget. (Gun, Batt, charger)
I've found bateris for about a tenner on component shop, and a smart charger for £9.50.
So, i've got around £180 TOPS for a gun, but ideally abit cheaper so I can get spare mags, TBB maybe.
As I said I wanted to be more unique, I was looking at a few different guns. First, the SRC G36. Now, reviews state the Gen 3 one (Which it is) is pretty good, so thats a plus. However, I've never been a big fan of SRC, as my friend has a £30 SRC M4 off of JBBG's :/ Second, the G&G CM MP5A4 Blowback. Now, the problem i've stumbled into with MP5's is the range. I want to use this in woodland. Sooo, I did abit of research and looked at what other people had done and it came down to new hop units and parts, and TBB's abit too long for the gun, then concealed by a suppresor. Then I read that barrel lenght doesn't do much, which confused me even more! Finally, the Cyma CM041B. That's similair to the MP5 as to what I need to make it field ready, the only difference is this ones got a metal upper, and by the looks of shooting test's doesn't look as accurate. But, as I said, I may upgrade it abit. Any uprgrade suggestions would be helpful :L Also, I had a litlle look at the Cyma M14, but it looked a little cheap (Reviewer's said it's not, but ya know). It also didn't appeal as much, so that's a last resort for a unique gun. So, if you've actually bothered to read this, i'd be grateful if you could enlighten me as to what a good choice is. Yes, I did do a status on this yesterday, but I wanted it to be abit more official. Any other unique gun ideas friendly to my budget would be helpful too. Cheers folks,

Shinobi :)

PS. The MP5's the route I want to take, so any tips on that would be even better :L

Links to guns:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=6981

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=7196

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=7030

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=6963

• Supporters

None of the stuff you have mentioned is very unique or rare- for the money you have to spend, you probably wont get anything all that unusual. G36s are almost as common amongst newer players as M4s.

None of the stuff you have mentioned is very unique or rare- for the money you have to spend, you probably wont get anything all that unusual.

Ah, maybe I should rephrase. Not neccesarily unique, but not an M4, AK etc

(I know MP5's and G36's are pretty mainstream, but not so much so as M4's and Ak's)

• Supporters

do not worry about range, almost all of effective range is down to hop-up which is why my 5-7 with it's 100mm barrel can hit things just as far as my M4 with a 363mm barrel!

the G&G CM MP5 is a solid gun and fits EXACTLY with the sort of thing you're after.

do not worry about range, almost all of effective range is down to hop-up which is why my 5-7 with it's 100mm barrel can hit things just as far as my M4 with a 363mm barrel!

the G&G CM MP5 is a solid gun and fits EXACTLY with the sort of thing you're after.

Thanks Man, I was looking at installing a TBB aswell, so that should make it more accurate! And I guess that's down to the wonderfully amazing Marui Hop Up! :L

SRC G36's are great beginners guns and they are TM compatible, the problem your fiend had was most likely JBBG's fault (bunch of knuckle draggers they are)

I think iv seen one, maby two aks in the last year, but loads of g36s... And obv m4 s. And know what ya mean but for a first gun I would have been better with one, just to learn about internals etc as with such generic guns most everything is easy.to find somewhere... Im still scared to try taking my tommy appart... When you are out skirmishing dont be afraid to ask to try others guns. The number of people whom realise how uncomfortable a thompson actually is upon lifting mine...

I think iv seen one, maby two aks in the last year, but loads of g36s... And obv m4 s. And know what ya mean but for a first gun I would have been better with one, just to learn about internals etc as with such generic guns most everything is easy.to find somewhere... Im still scared to try taking my tommy appart... When you are out skirmishing dont be afraid to ask to try others guns. The number of people whom realise how uncomfortable a thompson actually is upon lifting mine...

Aha, ok! I think i'll go MP5, and good luck with your Tommy! :D

if you got the cash here's some thing you wont see a lot of on the field all metal 11.4 lipo ready ( I know this as I've talked to one of the bosses at G&G personally about it)

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=gk5&x=0&y=0

if you got the cash here's some thing you wont see a lot of on the field all metal 11.4 lipo ready ( I know this as I've talked to one of the bosses at G&G personally about it)

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=gk5&x=0&y=0

Bit out of budget, but very nice! Cheers though :)

SRC G36's are great beginners guns and they are TM compatible, the problem your fiend had was most likely JBBG's fault (bunch of knuckle draggers they are)

Ah, okay! It wasn't anything happened to it, it was just that it was £30. Doesn't look great on SRC :L

Ah, okay! It wasn't anything happened to it, it was just that it was £30. Doesn't look great on SRC :L

NO WAY WAS AN SRC G36 £30 :) JBBG LIE RULE 1

• Supporters

Get the MP5, mine's great. Couldn't have picked a better first AEG, still got it today and it's still as good as it was on day one. £123 is a steal as well. Plus, it's the only AEG I've never upgraded - I just don't think it needs it - and I managed to live with it in woodland for around a year.

Range and accuracy are good enough for woodland, but really it excels in CQB. A tightbore ought to up the range enough to make it easily usable in woodland though.

I'd leave the hop alone though, G&G green rubbers are immense, I tend to buy them as upgrade rubbers for other guns.

Get the MP5, mine's great. Couldn't have picked a better first AEG, still got it today and it's still as good as it was on day one. £123 is a steal as well. Plus, it's the only AEG I've never upgraded - I just don't think it needs it - and I managed to live with it in woodland for around a year.

Range and accuracy are good enough for woodland, but really it excels in CQB. A tightbore ought to up the range enough to make it easily usable in woodland though.

I'd leave the hop alone though, G&G green rubbers are immense, I tend to buy them as upgrade rubbers for other guns.

Alright Mate, cheers!

Thought you had the top-tech Gen 1 though? And as i'll be using at mixed sites, woodland with plenty of buildings, it should be plenty good enough ;)

• Supporters

It's the same as the Top Tech Gen1, only difference is the Top Tech has a metal body and different bushings in the G'box, which make next to no difference whatsoever.

why not get something from world war 2 good selection of automatic guns there

Thanks, but I wanted something abit more modern ;)

It's the same as the Top Tech Gen1, only difference is the Top Tech has a metal body and different bushings in the G'box, which make next to no difference whatsoever.

Ah, never knew that ;)

in that case get a aug or go for a southafrican loadout with either a fal or the newer r4 is googel is to be believed have not seen either gun yet tho i have been only playing for a short time

Err, not many good budget augs. The ASG (JG) one's are alright, but not great :/

Archived