What camouflage is this?

TacMaster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm going to base a Russian style loadout off of this camo, which is used by Russian forces in various games. All I need to know is what it's called :)

UrbanCamo.jpg

Any help is appreciated

This camo is not used in military operations,but it is used by search and rescue forces,military fire fighting forces or generally forces responding to natural disasters and such. It's never used in combat.

It's a Variant of VSR 3TSV used by the Ministry of Emergency Situations(MYD)

All those games got it wrong mang.

Unless you were playing super fire earthquake rescue simulator 2013 Russia edition.

Get yourself some Les,Flora,VSR or TTSKo.

@Zak

Alpenflange is swiss camo and is actually used by forces in combat.

That's a bit odd then- the developers of said game went extremely geardo on the character models, even putting things like Camelbacks and 5.11 rush assault packs on them. Ah well, I'll have to do it with Flora or something instead

edit: the game was CoD's Modern Warfare 2, by Infinity Ward

That's a bit odd then- the developers of said game went extremely geardo on the character models, even putting things like Camelbacks and 5.11 rush assault packs on them. Ah well, I'll have to do it with Flora or something instead

Russian/Ukr Soldiers and even special forces get whatever BDUs they can,they pay for their own kit,so the army ends up a bit moxey camo wise.

System may have changed in Russia though.

Here's the camopedia page with this camo,search 'MYD'

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=Russia

That camo is also in Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, called "Urban camo".

I prefer the sexy "Partizan" camouflage. The Spetsnaz soldiers on Arma 2 get issued a variant of it. Another variant of the Partizan is on Battlefield 3, it's the Woodland camo on the RU side.

I'm probably going to get some old US tigerstripe combats for the future loadout, and go all guerilla. I've been itching to buy a Chicom chest rig for ages anyway ;)

Go for Digi Flora, it works ridiculously well, it's just quite expensive to get hold of genuine ruskie kit because of the ridiculous sanctions imposed in exporting military goods by the Russians, most of it comes through the Ukraine.

Go for Digi Flora, it works ridiculously well, it's just quite expensive to get hold of genuine ruskie kit because of the ridiculous sanctions imposed in exporting military goods by the Russians, most of it comes through the Ukraine.

Can confirm,I got all my Ruskie kit from Bazaars,every weekend the bazaar has a military surplus section and there's plenty of kit. It's also much cheaper than online retailers,I got a KLMK suit for 12€,they usually run for 40€.

When I get my human rights I might start selling Ruskie kit on here,but then the owners of SovietArmyStuff,Soviet propaganda and such will send the Russian mafia after me.

Digi Flora works really really well,especially in woodland areas. It's pricey,even at the cheap bazaars but worth it,the overall quality is great.

Pro-tip.

That camo OP put up was made for COD:MW2, based on several differnt camos, but adapted to suit what they wanted the camo to look like. so really, you will find camo like it, but that isnt it.

• Supporters

Yeah Rif, I noticed that the Russian stuff UTJ linked to has 3 colours, but OP stuff has 4. I'm planning to paint Jetta my G36 in something similar, but with deeper brick red and additional forest green. I'll call it 'Suburban'.

Alpenflage is for concealment on floral sofas and in the finger painting areas of nurseries.

Oh yeah, and woodland partizan is my fav :wub:

Hello to you too ;)

:P

edit: looking at the desert Tigerstripe variant on flecktarn, I'm thinking maybe a contemporary modern Russian desert loadout wouldn't be a bad idea in the future :D

• Supporters

Remember those Begadi MP5 chest rigs on special offer on Action Hobbies? Tigerstripe was one of the patterns going for twelve quid odd...

Yeah their rooikat and rooivalk camo is pretty cool, and cheap. Was tempted to get some before I went all vegetato.

Ordering from begadi directly is pretty easy and have a huge range of gear. No customs charges either.

Good point Zak :D

@Ian pretty sure the tigerstripe stuff sold by Begadi is their own pattern? I've not seen anything else like it sold elsewhere, and the camo I linked is a completely different shade. I'll be fine with the Chicom chest rig I've found anyway, my next loadout will have an ICS AK-74 as the main piece if all goes well

Archived