Cosplay Airsofting?

Stormhall
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering if it would be acceptable in most airsoft sites to cosplay as a certain character from any anime/movie/video game franchise. Some of you may say that we already cosplay as our favorite armed forces (SAS, USMC, Spetsnaz etc...) but I want to dress like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Char-Aznable-cosplay-costume-01-/220723159504

Now I just feel I may gain some hate with the "stealth" squads so I feel it's a good frontline costume.

(It will look slightly different with my belt platform and it's mag pouches attached)

EDIT: I changed the link to the actual costume.

• Supporters

Brave. People will take the piss.

Brave. People will take the piss.

Some people already take the piss out of me for playing airsoft. So I'll be fine.

red is NOT a good camouflage

Neither is movement which is what many non-snipers such as myself will be doing so I fail to see the validity of your point.

Neither is movement which is what many non-snipers such as myself will be doing so I fail to see the validity of your point.

Movement is still a lot, less obvious than bright red. Red doesn't blend into anything and you can be seen a mile off

Movement is still a lot, less obvious than bright red. Red doesn't blend into anything and you can be seen a mile off

My gun is already 51% bright green and I want to look cool and different instead of being another camo clad or black soldier killing stuff.

My gun is already 51% bright green and I want to look cool and different instead of being another camo clad or black soldier killing stuff.

ok, have fun then

Plus you'll get lit up like a Christmas tree, red is NOT a good camouflage

i use red cammo fine at hiding no problem

1c8f357d.jpg~original

1718dace.jpg

;D

• Supporters

Yes but that's not as bright and is broken up, someone in a full Santa suit for example will stand out more than someone wearing camo gear, even if the camo does contain some red.

depends on environment makeup and colour and how sneaky you are. heck at halloween we had hellboy sneaking about slaughtering us all XD and his own team gunning him down a lot to when he did appear to tell us stuff. fieldcraft and stealth is all ya need .. and heck were shooting plastic at up to 100m away and heck in cqb does it matter what you wear?

airsoft is what you make it ^^ what floats ya boat do it! if it don't

f3431cfd.jpg~original

el sparko from zero in at F&O somehere in kidderminster i think

AliGCamouflageExtras1_zps63502398.jpg~original

or we could all get together as the grand chav army bo ;D

• Supporters

I can feel Finius' wraith closing in on me now :unsure: IT BURNSSSS

Bahahahahaaa

I got it.

Finius Super Moderator? Pah! Finius can suck a big one.

With regard to the actual topic though, I have to agree with Ian, I liked his post before realising that the photo he'd said that about, wasn't the one I saw, since you updated the link.

I can't imagine how the original link must've looked, 'cos I'd still agree with what Ian said about the new one.

The team I play with, Team Bacon, distinguish themselves by always wearing bright Hawaiian shirts (and recently banana suits) just to prove the point that you can enjoy airsoft (and beat other teams) no matter what you wear. It's all about the fun. That said, I can't bring myself to do it, so I wear OD and black and have a chest rig, as a result I'm considered a 'geardo' by the rest of the team.

• Supporters

I don't mind looking a right bell-end occasionally, but I'm fcuked if i'm gonna pay £100 to do it!

I got it.

Finius Super Moderator? Pah! Finius can suck a big one.

With regard to the actual topic though, I have to agree with Ian, I liked his post before realising that the photo he'd said that about, wasn't the one I saw, since you updated the link.

I can't imagine how the original link must've looked, 'cos I'd still agree with what Ian said about the new one.

It was a crappy red t-shirt with some japanese writing and a picture of char aznable next to it.

Great for everyday wear but not actual cosplay/airsoft material.

• Supporters

Well there was a list of stuff, amongst which was the bell-end suit. I assumed that the T-shirt couldn't be the point - i mean cosplay needs more than a T-shirt, right?

Archived