paintball to airsoft - gear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

right lads, i've had enough of paintball so, for airsoft can i use the same padding i would use in paintball (mainly foam stuff) and the same mask? also what are the best types of guns...battery? gas? any others? what is the best kind of pistol and assault rifle (m4 or m16 like) for under £300 combined? and finally apart from guns,mask,protection and a vest what else do i need to start airsoft, any help would be great, thanks in advance

• Supporters

You can use padding, although should people find out, you'll be in for some abuse :lol:

Depends on the mask, but I should think it'll be alright assuming it's rated and has no gaps for bb's to get through.

For your first gun, definitley go with an AEG (automatic electric gun) using batteries- it's just more practical for beginners.

Go for an M4, it's the most adaptable and user friendly for new players- look at G&P and G&G for those.

You just need eye protection, gun, good boots (very important), batteries, charger, mags and ammo.

You can use padding, although should people find out, you'll be in for some abuse :lol:

Depends on the mask, but I should think it'll be alright assuming it's rated and has no gaps for bb's to get through.

For your first gun, definitley go with an AEG (automatic electric gun) using batteries- it's just more practical for beginners.

Go for an M4, it's the most adaptable and user friendly for new players- look at G&P and G&G for those.

You just need eye protection, gun, good boots (very important), batteries, charger, mags and ammo.

is there any sort of gun maintenance, for example in paintball we had to lube the bolt, anything like that? sorry, i know nothing about airosoft

If you get a GBBR you would need to lub it after every game advisable.

But with an AEG, just basic cleaning will do once a month. they are pretty low maintenance, which is why alot of people rather them.

I play paintball and airsoft. so I use pretty much all the same gear for both sports, although I have different face protection as I use only glasses for airsoft and my mask for paintball. also the guns.

A pod pouch will fit a few mags double stacked. but its better idea to get proper mag pouches.

Have a look at the G&G Combat Machine range bearing in mind with your £200 you'll need a battery and charger.

As for pistol I would honestly wait a while untill your sure.

Have you attended any skirmishes or games yet? They are a brilliant way to try and test other types of guns

http://proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/m4_and_m14_variants.html

no, i have not yet, im going to get my gear for christmas and have stopped playing mil sim paintball and woodsball and will only continue with speedball and then airsoft after christmas so im just looking into set up just now so i can see what to get, i probably won't be attending any airsoft events till after christmas and also, whats a skirmish, im guessing its a airsoft competition or is it like just playing another team?

A skirmish is just a game day basically, usually on a Sunday normally with two teams and marshals in charge. Most do a hire package that allows you to hire an AEG and get a feel for playing with great expense. Also with gas blow backs they can be unreliable in colder temperatures and the magazines are a huge expense at about £40ish per magazine.

Before you are able to buy a replica imitation firearm (RIF) or fully black gun you will need a valid defense under the VCRA.

easiest way is to get either a site membership OR UKARA membership. google either VCRA or UKARA for all the rules and regs.

without that all you get get is a two tone rifle/pistol.

Archived