Help! Which UMP should I buy?

khaotix
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been wanting a UMP AEG for a while now, and i'm finally about to have the opportunity to get one. I've found two different brands that sell them, only I cannot decide which one to get. They both have their pros and cons (my opinions from what I've seen from videos and read on the interwebs), but the best advice I'll get is from people on here who have bought/used/looked at one. So, what do you guys think?

G&G UMG/UMP £215

Pros

• Better build quality.
  • Little/no plastic creak.
  • Working charging handle.
  • Version 2 gearbox?
  • Slightly higher average FPS out of the box.
  • 530 hicap mag included (does not accept the Umarex mags?)

Cons

• More expensive, costing around £215 for gun only.

Umarex H&K UMP45

Pros

• Much cheaper, available to buy at around £130 for gun only.
  • Version 3 gearbox?
  • Easily upgraded.
  • Officially licensed model.
  • 420 hicap mag included (does not accept the G&G mags?)

Cons

• Average build quality.
  • Plastic creaking?

I naturally want to sway towards the G&G one due to it's apparent better quality, but for the price of that, I can buy the Umarex plus the suppressor and a couple of hicap mags.

What would you guys choose, and why?

I'd say the new vfc Gbb one but I'm not sure if they've arrived in the uk yet.. Saw a khanseb video of him unboxing one but he mentioned he had to get it from the states so I'm not too sure

G&G all the way, simply out plays any other. Watch EpicAirsoftHD's review on YouTube of it, pretty damn accurate and for the price is just smashing.

Definitely avoid the VFC GBB version, mag only holds 26, bolt, hop and mag take an age to heat up and cool down sets in after about 20 bb's or so. Watch KhanSeb's video of that on youtube and he shows how, well, sh*t it really is.

Definitely avoid the VFC GBB version, mag only holds 26

What's wrong with that. While I agree that it's a bad gun there is nothing wrong with the magazine capacity.

What's wrong with that. While I agree that it's a bad gun there is nothing wrong with the magazine capacity.

You have a fair point, the real thing only holds around 26 rounds i believe, but hey, thats just my opinion

Okay, so to update this thread, I bought the G&G UMG whilst it was in a sale on a particular website, so I managed to grab it for £200. Had it upgraded with an M100 spring and new bushings, and bought an extra hi-cap. Had to wait over the weekend for it to be delivered. The misses described me to be "like a child at Christmas". :D

It arrived today!

Stuck an EoTech 553 replica and a G&G foregrip on it, and had a backyard plink with it. I've put about 100 rounds through it so far and all I can say is... Oh... My... God. Feels amazing, shoots brilliantly. Absolutely cannot wait to skirmish with it.

I'll be at Arena Airsoft in Grimsby this Sunday evening with a few guys from work if anyone wants to meet up.

Thanks for all the advice guys, definitely paid off.

Archived