Revolver DMR?

Stormhall
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been thinking about getting a gas revolver and adding a stock to it as well as a nice scope with decent magnification and I was thinking about using it as a sort of DMR or long range backup weapon. I currently have a nice cqb rifle that shoots at about 315fps and the batteries don't last too long. And also in general if I got any gas pistol should I add a stock to it?

I knew about a revolver with a stock before but I never thought actually of "airsofting" it till I saw a video of Metro Last Light. I've been thing about attaching a stock to a gas G18 and using it in full auto. To make things simple a nice looking long barrel gas pistol with a stock.

Put an ACOG on my dan wesson for lols.

Really impractical, and if it were real, i'd be getting all the excess heat and gas venting back into my face each time i fire when using the scope.

Looks epic, performance??? Epic fail.

That all depends on what scope you have on it though

Its worth pointing out, you're after a long range backup weapon... why go for a revolver if that's the case?

Not particluarly a revolver but it looks cool and they have been used as long range weapons before:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/23102_r.jpg

• Supporters

If you want a backup weapon that offers better accuracy at range than the average pistol, you could get a spring shotgun. Wear it over your shoulder in a long holster...

If you want a backup weapon that offers better accuracy at range than the average pistol, you could get a spring shotgun. Wear it over your shoulder in a long holster...

I thought about them but they don't seem accurate enough and the ones that are (like Tanakas) are really expensive.

• Supporters

I suppose it depends on whether you mean accurate enough for skirmishing, like good enough to hit a head at 25m, or accurate enough to talk in terms of groupings.

I suppose it depends on whether you mean accurate enough for skirmishing, like good enough to hit a head at 25m, or accurate enough to talk in terms of groupings.

Preferably both.

sounds like trying to make a square fit a round hole?sure you can stick a stock on, sights etc, but when you do all that its not really a side arm, it is a back up weapon, and one you have to reload after only like 6 shots... surely youd(especially for the money) be better with a shotgun/ small better backup weapon(such as a machine gun pistol) standard pistol etc. also think how you would carry such a weapon with you, standard holsters arnt going to be much use...

sounds like trying to make a square fit a round hole?sure you can stick a stock on, sights etc, but when you do all that its not really a side arm, it is a back up weapon, and one you have to reload after only like 6 shots... surely youd(especially for the money) be better with a shotgun/ small better backup weapon(such as a machine gun pistol) standard pistol etc. also think how you would carry such a weapon with you, standard holsters arnt going to be much use...

Who needs a holster I'll just attach a sling. But I think I'm going to get a KJW Mk1 Carbine as I would like a weapon for enemies that are a bit too far away for my M4.

• Supporters

alternately you could just get a bit closer? I know for certain that if I rocked up to a site near me with a 400FPS revolver and said "nah mate it's cool, it's a DMR for when my M4 doesn't quite have enough range!" they'd tell me to put it away pretty quickly.

If you want a DMR, build a DMR, if you want a pistol as a side arm buy a pistol, you can't really have both in the same package.

alternately you could just get a bit closer? I know for certain that if I rocked up to a site near me with a 400FPS revolver and said "nah mate it's cool, it's a DMR for when my M4 doesn't quite have enough range!" they'd tell me to put it away pretty quickly.

If you want a DMR, build a DMR, if you want a pistol as a side arm buy a pistol, you can't really have both in the same package.

What if I want a stable platform to achieve more accuracy with my backup weapon when needed? That's why I proposed a pistol with a stock (revolvers look cool but are more or less useless I know that) And sometimes I want to be able to chill back and take pot shots at my enemies. I don't like running around all day and then getting shot as soon as I turn into a corner. Or I could get a Glock 18 and attach a stock so I have a stable machine pistol but because it's a pistol it will have less range than my rifle and so I will have a cool machine pistol that I will almost never use. At least with the KJW Mk1 Carbine I'll have some time to chillax in the battlefield and I will be using duster gas and maybe .25s so I don't see a problem with shooting people with it.

This thread and the OP are LMFAO right now

I'm glad I'm making someone laugh????

I don't have a proper response.

• Supporters

how much extra accuracy do you think a stock is going to give you with a pistol? I can comfortably hit a man sized moving target with mine at up to 40 metres with my pistol and I'm far from being some kind of marksman.

Really, if you don't have a pistol and want one to try out then borrow one next time you play and you'll realise that a stock is completely unnecessary, just use both hands, concentrate when firing and don't snatch at the trigger.

• Supporters

also, as for range I can GUARANTEE that my pistol will accurately outrange your AEG with single shots and I have done no upgrades to it except put in a tighter barrel.

Gun length and range are largely irrelevant when it comes to airsoft.

Archived