190rd mid cap???

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Been thinking about giving mid caps ago for a while, and looking round about 100 - 120rd seems to be the norm.

Then I spotted a a box set of 5 mags with a 190rd per mag capacity this got me thinking WoW these would be ace, but it also got me wondering if anyone has used these before? And are they any good?

Personally i'd stick with 100-120 rds as surely 190s the spring wont be all that great/strong.

The only mids i would use are the genuine Magpul ones or the TM recoil ones! I had G&P mags and they would not feed in anything!

If the ones you have found are the MAG metal 190rnd mid caps, then they are great. I have had some and never had a single feed issue when using with JG and G&P M4's. Also know a lot of other people that rate them as well.

I plan on using Hi-Caps, 300+ RDS, should I get Mid's? What are the advantages? Sorry Sp00n if you didn't want me to ask but I thought as we were on the topic I meres well ;D

I also use the Mag 190 rounders, Never had a problem, they are pretty heavy mags too.

• Supporters

If the ones you have found are the MAG metal 190rnd mid caps, then they are great. I have had some and never had a single feed issue when using with JG and G&P M4's. Also know a lot of other people that rate them as well.

Yeah its the MAG ones, i have seen :D glad to hear they work well :D

I plan on using Hi-Caps, 300+ RDS, should I get Mid's? What are the advantages? Sorry Sp00n if you didn't want me to ask but I thought as we were on the topic I meres well ;D

if you get the G&G CM16 it will come with a 450rd hi cap ;) the reason i am looking at mid caps is, i dislike the bb's rattling, the constant winding, and well to give skirmishing a slight element of realism (ok so 190 isnt exactly realism, but its closer than 450 :lol: )

I also use the Mag 190 rounders, Never had a problem, they are pretty heavy mags too.

Thanks for the info mate ... gunna have to get me some :D

Yeah its the MAG ones, i have seen :D glad to hear they work well :D

if you get the G&G CM16 it will come with a 450rd hi cap ;) the reason i am looking at mid caps is, i dislike the bb's rattling, the constant winding, and well to give skirmishing a slight element of realism (ok so 190 isnt exactly realism, but its closer than 450 :lol: )

Thanks for the info mate ... gunna have to get me some :D

I need a spare mag though, didn't know if I should get Hi or Mid? :D

• Supporters

i have 2 450 hi caps .... so far there has only been 1 instance when i needed to change mag (i forgot to reload between games), and even then i forgot to bring the 2nd mag! :wacko::wacko: . hence why i am looking at mid caps B)

• Supporters

How much is the box of 5 and from where, Sp00n? I want the option to use STANAG mags with my G36, in the fullness of time, and these sound promising.

• Supporters

How much is the box of 5 and from where, Sp00n? I want the option to use STANAG mags with my G36, in the fullness of time, and these sound promising.

Around the £50 for a box of 5, which I thought was fantastic value for money, that's from airsoft supply drop (currently sold out), but I also found them here >>> http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/Airsoft-Magazine-Std/Mid-AEG-Magazine/c43_261/p3115/MAG-190rds-M16-AEG-METAL-Mid-CAP-Magazine-(5pcs)-BOX-SET/product_info.html for £35 + shipping etc :) (dont foget supporters also get a 5%discount)

i have 2 450 hi caps .... so far there has only been 1 instance when i needed to change mag (i forgot to reload between games), and even then i forgot to bring the 2nd mag! :wacko::wacko: . hence why i am looking at mid caps B)

Might just get a hi-cap and be done :L Thanks!

• Supporters

I have 3 of the 190rnd Mid's, and to be honest they are pretty good, BUT, you must make sure you don't over fill them, the springs have a habit of twisting and jamming if you really cram in the bb's.

They are reassuringly heavy which is nice and the metal exterior is solid. And I did have an issue round Christmas time when they didn't feed right probably because of the above filling issue.

I have (5) 65-round Dboys mid-cap STANAG mags. They feed properly and are made a made of a good metal. I also have a 300 round SRC hi-cap that came with the gun I use that only as a backup or for heavy suppression. So yeah I have to reload a lot.

• Supporters

lol

I've only just got around to having mine now - cheese & salad butty with hot choc!!!

• Supporters

just had a thought .... why isn't there some sort of electric speed loader (Edit:- quick Google, and i have seen pics etc from one 7-10 years ago, but no where stocks it)

the standard one is ok (100 bb's) the mag variation isnt bad (450 bb's) but where is the box mag version :(:(

Archived