Can I make a GHK gun good.

Chippins
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

right so here's the thing, I really want to get a GBB loadout for the summer, money shouldn't be too much of an issue (within reason) I was thinking about getting this, But it's a GHK and therefore shit. Do any of you lovely people know of any mods that I could do to one to make it work, if not I'll just get a WE AK-74.

• Supporters

I don't really like the look of that AK105 if I'm honest.

I'd go WE simply because the bolt is full travel, for added realism and ultra awesomeness.

• Supporters

Read the reviews on the we ak first, it looks nice but I've not seen or heard much good about it.

Check arnies, they'll have a big thread on it.

I've heard good things of the newer ghk guns, They now have adjustable hops and are supposed to be much better. That said I'm yet to actually have a look at one.

GHK does look awesome. Externals are beautiful as well.

Reliability is the question though, and not sure about them.

• Supporters

That has to be one of the most inconclusive video clips I have ever seen.

Its pretty un-informative, but lovely amount of recoil :P

The WE won't even come close to that

• Supporters

Are you having a gee-rarf?

The WE kicks about 50 times harder than that without anything being done to it!

Skip to about 3:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Qll12Y-8c

Meh. Had a play with one and it has less kick than my 416

• Supporters

I dont like the 105 either. I'm not sure why the rest of it doesn't look right, but that shape flash hider is the worst ever. It looks like something attached to a kiddie's bath toy! I thought the WE looked like it had more recoil. I also can't get to grips with the idea of using a GBB on woodland sites, with the gas pressure dropping a bit with every shot and affecting the aim, producing more error at longer distances. For CQB I'd get the AKS 74U and swap the flash hider for the old AKM tank style one...

Somebody should redesign the way GBBR's work so that a 12g CO2 canister fits in the bolt and and fires directly into the barrel so that the movement of the bolt shakes the compressed gas keeping the pressure of each shot more consistent.

• Supporters

Having the gas go in the gun is just a pain in the arse though, as you can only generally get about 40 or so shots from one CO2 bulb, so you'd have to swap it out when you changed the magazine, which would just be a deal breaker.

• Supporters

What it would need is a way of holding the CO2 bulb in place without a screw at the base so it could be replaced quickly. In fact, what would be even better is if the bulb fitted into the top of the magazine like a bullet and was pushed up into a carriage by cocking the gun...

Might need a smaller bulb design, but that would be cool if it was tailored to 30 shots.

Archived