SRC G36C GEN III - Making it that bit different - Body & internals

rschris
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bit of a timeline to my G36C.

This is the SRC GEN III G36C - Now alot of people have said ' <_< SRC' ' :rolleyes: SRC' ' :huh: SRC' ' :lol: SRC'

In my personal opinion after shooting with hire guns/ friends guns and a few others dont be so quick to put this brand down. This gun (touch wood) has never let me down, it has had a good 7 skirmishes now and over 10,000bb's through it at different stages of being changed. The internals I have checked and no wear internally what so ever!

So here we go:-

Originally Purchased like so

photo4.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found the stock just did not sit comfortable for me it was abut 2 inches too long. So the hunt began to fit an M4 stock! thankfully my prayers were answered and located one so on it went and the product look liked this

photo2.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the next stage: The accuracy standard was pretty good but had a view stray ones now and again - not far but magnified over a distance it would of been enough to miss someone so in went a Madbull 6.03mm tightbore barrel to sort this.

Along with this I went with a Systema Bucking as I was told there was not much better than this.

All installed and on to the next stage

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final change:- RIS Front

The front now looked just a bit too skinny, so this needed to be changed. I found and decided on the RIS front and ordered. When it arrived I went to put it on but this needed some pursuasion to go on as it was very tight however when on looks great.

Still fits the 9.6v 1600mAH battery in the grip too.

so here she is all done and dusted.

photo1.jpg

This has undergone change as I am stupid and cannot get rid of the buying bug!! :angry::P

4/10/12

So realised Ive not updated for a while so thought Id put a pic of her on.

Unfortunately lens protector was shot out and then my lens shot out so hey ho got another set ready to go on.

here you are

photo4-12.jpg

Work done thus far:-

Systema Bucking

Madbull 6.03 tightbore barrel

New RIS aluminium front end

New M4 Stock

G36C to M4 Adaptor

Stubby Silencer

Black top rail

As you can see a few small things changes the gun big time.

MOSFET etc are booked to be installed now so that should then complete this gun.

Performance:

ROF is yet to be collated but seems to be very quick and smooth

FPS - 348fps consistent with no drops.

Accuracy - once the hop is set properly accuracy cannot be faulted.

From playing this weekend - I shot one guy (who is used to being shot alot due to his role in games) and remaked it felt as though he had taken a full punch to the stomach. He believed it to be hot - so nothing could be declared of changing anything I offered him my weapon and said lets go chrono. When chrono'd this was below the 350fps.

So all in all, very happy with the weapon and changes.

Look different to others and stands out.

does the job well without losing any aspects of its original detail.

Nice evolution Chris I never did like the look of the g36 models but with that ris its warming to me how much would you say you have spent on it total so far?

Thanks monkey, I know its not going to be everyones taste but its hopefully completely different to most out there :) This thread welcomes bad and good criticism of course :)

Spent so far about £200 I think - fortunately Gen III internals high torque motor and 8mm internals are very very good! so not much to do here.

Will have spent about £350 by the end of it on everything I want to do :)

not to bad then i would say get hold of some rail covers in either tan or od to break it up a little but thats just personel preferance all black guns look a little plain to me

Ye tan covers was what I was thinking. Just trying to find something thats 23cm long for the front....within a reasonable price.

hmmm what do they look like fitted on....trying to get a feel for them but cant.

• Supporters

LaRue index clips + hand stop mounted:

I've got a few pictures of my own weapons with these on but sometimes an actual video just gives a much better idea of how something really looks in the flesh.

• 2 weeks later...

Well managed to get a ROF test & FPS test done

ROF 17.6rps

FPS 348

Fitted Larue index clips!! fingers are very sore after that!!

• Supporters

Yeah those index clips do look great: you can get them with a little curled loop on one side to hold pressure switch wires too. Please though Chris, please... tell me you didn't go with tan!?! Think of the foregrip and your loadout - you are The Dark Destroyer! If not black, only dark earth would work, or better yet, alternate black and dark earth.

BTW, I love the RIS and suppressor!

• Supporters

I like the idea of a time line, I might do one for my L85.

Though I'm not sure I can be arsed to put it back to how it looked when I got it to show the evolution lol.

Did you run into any performance bumps that you had to overcome, like fps inconsistencies, over/under hop, trigger response being bad, batteries and wiring with regard to internal RIS space etc?

If I wrote a timeline I'd feel I had to literally mention everything. But if I did I don't think anyone would read it all lol, it'd be like 10000+ words probably.

A bloody L85 dissertation haha.

Also, did you spray your G36? Or replace the parts? If it's painted then the finish looks superb.

Edit:

Decided to write my own rundown of my L85, here it is: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showtopic=11381 I thought I'd put it in the AEG review section so it's easier to find.

• 2 months later...

Chris, complete newb here mate...

What RIS front end is that and did you extend the barrel when you upgraded to the tightbore?

I've had my Gen3 for a week now and have gone for the E variant toprail/handle eith 1.5x scope built in (I think it's the G36E variant anyway...), but I want to do something to the front end and yours looks great!

Thanks a lot!

B

• 3 weeks later...
Bit of a timeline to my G36C.

This is the SRC GEN III G36C - Now alot of people have said ' <_< SRC' ' :rolleyes: SRC' ' :huh: SRC' ' :lol: SRC'

In my personal opinion after shooting with hire guns/ friends guns and a few others dont be so quick to put this brand down. This gun (touch wood) has never let me down, it has had a good 7 skirmishes now and over 10,000bb's through it at different stages of being changed. The internals I have checked and no wear internally what so ever!

So here we go:-

Originally Purchased like so

photo4.jpg

I found the stock just did not sit comfortable for me it was abut 2 inches too long. So the hunt began to fit an M4 stock! thankfully my prayers were answered and located one so on it went and the product look liked this

photo2.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the next stage: The accuracy standard was pretty good but had a view stray ones now and again - not far but magnified over a distance it would of been enough to miss someone so in went a Madbull 6.03mm tightbore barrel to sort this.

Along with this I went with a Systema Bucking as I was told there was not much better than this.

All installed and on to the next stage

Final change:- RIS Front

The front now looked just a bit too skinny, so this needed to be changed. I found and decided on the RIS front and ordered. When it arrived I went to put it on but this needed some pursuasion to go on as it was very tight however when on looks great.

Still fits the 9.6v 1600mAH battery in the grip too.

so here she is all done and dusted.

photo1.jpg

This has undergone change as I am stupid and cannot get rid of the buying bug!! :angry::P

Work done thus far:-

Systema Bucking

Madbull 6.03 tightbore barrel

New RIS aluminium front end

New M4 Stock

G36C to M4 Adaptor

Stubby Silencer

Black top rail

As you can see a few small things changes the gun big time.

MOSFET etc are booked to be installed now so that should then complete this gun.

Performance:

ROF is yet to be collated but seems to be very quick and smooth

FPS - 348fps consistent with no drops.

Accuracy - once the hop is set properly accuracy cannot be faulted.

From playing this weekend - I shot one guy (who is used to being shot alot due to his role in games) and remaked it felt as though he had taken a full punch to the stomach. He believed it to be hot - so nothing could be declared of changing anything I offered him my weapon and said lets go chrono. When chrono'd this was below the 350fps.

So all in all, very happy with the weapon and changes.

Look different to others and stands out.

does the job well without losing any aspects of its original detail.

That looks really nice! !

Where can I find a front end like that for my ares g36c?

Quick update -

unfortunately the lens was shot out and the lens protector last night but a little update on how the guns looking.

Gun is firing now on 0.25's @310fps which is the sites allowance on 25's :) 348 on 0.2s

photo4-12.jpg

• 3 months later...

Time for an update...still going strong....faultless performance....consistent always! Good old SRC :)

photo8_zpse453d5f1.jpg

you can get an adaptor that replaces the G36 stock. Then you just need an actual stock to put onto the buffer tube.

Unfortunately not that simple.

M4 Stock adaptor then you will get the buffer tube and the screw length will be completely wrong. You have to find a longer screw to make sure this fits properly. then put that in.

The M4 stock has a little bit of movement so you need to put some small thin padding/foam underneath to eliminate that.

Archived