Helmet Size?

steakandpotato
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HELLO.

Yeah so quick one today. I'll be buying a helmet (Either an MK6/MK7 depending on availability and cost) - How do I know what size to buy? I've never bought a helmet before and never really been one for hats.

• Head Moderator

Check out this topic

On 16/02/2018 at 10:09 AM, CKinnerley said:

Measure your head with a tape measure then google mk6 or mk7 sizing guide and the first results will tell you everything you need to know.

Done.

Not beneficial in the slightest. Did you not consider that I've tried that? Nobody seems to actually have a size chart anywhere 

• Head Moderator

Did you measure your head? What size is it?  Large will fit but could be too low and a bit loose, although you can use some extra padding.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Well, someone's tetchy this morning...

Here's an idea, if you can't find the answer online, phone a surplus shop who sells them and ask them. If they sell them regularly they'll know.

Or better yet, get off your arse and try them on in a shop before you buy. 

It's crazy, radical thinking like that which sets us apart from the apes.

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, L3wisD said:

Not beneficial in the slightest Jedi. Did you not think he's already considered that?!

I am old fashioned and like to know specifics, much easier than guessing... so how long is that piece of string?

Handy hint: if you do not have a tape measure you can use a piece of string to measure a circumference and then use a ruler to measure the length of string. 

• Supporters

My head size is 60cm and a small MK6 fits me pretty well. Hope that helps as a comparison.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I know, we must be showing our age Jedi.

Who'd have thought that measuring your head and phoning a surplus store would be such an outdated practice. You can just Google any problem these days though...

888.jpg

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

I know, we must be showing our age Jedi.

Who'd have thought that measuring your head and phoning a surplus store would be such an outdated practice. You can just Google any problem these days though...

888.jpg

The issue imo is that everyone now days has social anxiety thanks to the fact we sit on screens all day :P

I mean, the weird thing about teens and young adults (like 25 and under) is that most of us can sit on a screen all day, chatting to random people on text based forums, or on a mic..

But the second it comes to making a phone call? Meeting someone face to face? Dentist appointment?... That's it then.. Complete shutdown of all social skills... Well at least that's what happens to me and most of the people from my school year.

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

The issue imo is that everyone now days has social anxiety thanks to the fact we sit on screens all day :P

I mean, the weird thing about teens and young adults (like 25 and under) is that most of us can sit on a screen all day, chatting to random people on text based forums, or on a mic..

But the second it comes to making a phone call? Meeting someone face to face? Dentist appointment?... That's it then.. Complete shutdown of all social skills... Well at least that's what happens to me and most of the people from my school year.

Speak for yourself. 

30 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

hmmmm... no

Archived