What Rifles are available

AirSniper

I have seen a couple of players that have HPA rifles but they don't have bottles strapped to them, the bottle is part of the rifle stock.

Anyone here have one, can anyone tell me who makes them...

My lads wanting to move on up and I want to see what other options there are out there that doesn't require air hoses and adaptors and bottles strapped to your back, etc.

I think the word I am looking for is to not be incumbered by the bottle and all that it entails for a simpler option on the RIF.

Is this the MTW Wraith, with a small bottle in the stock (it's only good for 500 to 1,000 shots though before you have to refill / swap it out).

A very well setup AEG will be just as good as HPA though, so what you gain with HPA is the reduced noise and variability of power depending upon sites (so if you always play at the same few sites your AEG is probably already setup for them).

10 hours ago, AirSniper said:

I have seen a couple of players that have HPA rifles but they don't have bottles strapped to them, the bottle is part of the rifle stock.

Anyone here have one, can anyone tell me who makes them...

My lads wanting to move on up and I want to see what other options there are out there that doesn't require air hoses and adaptors and bottles strapped to your back, etc.

I think the word I am looking for is to not be incumbered by the bottle and all that it entails for a simpler option on the RIF.

Either MTW Wraith or Polarstar CGS. I don't know about any other system that lets you carry a hpa tank in the stock.

That line is only annoying if you have to climb through bushes, crawling a lot etc.

Otherwise million solutions out there to fix it to your rig and make it more rigid.

Edited by Krisz

I have one and I use the Wolverine Wraith X system on my MTW 308. It allows me to use a 13ci air tank with a sleeve over the tank, or a co2 adapter that appears just like a buffer tube, so I have a repro CTR stock on it and it looks just like a regular rifle (though in this picture I haven't screwed the co2 adapter on all the way!)

image.thumb.jpeg.529341543942521d814297a75efd8dda.jpeg

There's also the Wraith Aero stock, which is the older Wolverine air stock and I don't think it's as good, and also the Polarstar UGS. For co2 stocks there's the Mancraft co2 stock and the Polarstar CGS as well.

I will, however, echo the previous sentiments. A well-tuned AEG will perform just as good as a well-tuned HPA system, it's just easier to tune an HPA system than an AEG to that level. The main benefits of HPA is the sound signature as while you can get AEGs to be pretty quiet, they can't match HPA on just how silent they can become. Also, the lack of a line and tank is mostly useful if you're like me and tend to crawl through bushes and move through thick foliage a lot, as I found that an external line would get caught on absolutely everything, and also if you're very choosey about your shots. I usually play (gas) bolt action and I tend to use my MTW in exactly the same way, so an air tank only giving me about 700ish shots is absolutely fine for a game day, and with my setup I tend to get 1 magazine out of 1 co2 bulb, so if I'm reloading magazine, I'm reloading co2 bulb at the same time and vice versa (I removed the buttplate from the repro CTR stock so that I could easily access the co2 so changing it over is pretty easy).

Also, since I use my MTW 308 as a DMR, it's useful for that because sites have different DMR limits. I'm fortunate that the two sites that are closest to me being Worthing Airsoft and Driver Wood both have the same 1.88J DMR limit, but I just went to AI500 this past weekend and their DMR limit is only 1.48J, same with Gunman sites, so having the ability to quickly tune the power down if I'm visiting another site is very handy. However with quick change springs in AEGs nowadays it's pretty easy to also do that with AEGs.