Help to upgrade my G&G

Burty99

Hi all, 

Relatively new to the hobby, I picked up a G&G armament GC intermediate a few months back. It shoots just fine but I know it can do better… 

I have had a good scan over these forums and noted that if you want to increase distance etc it’s usually the spring and hop up etc, is that the case? If so would anyone know which exact ones to go for? Or point me to a site/supplier that could help, I’m more than happy to tinker around with the gun myself but just didn’t want to order the wrong part and screw my internals up… 

Thanks all 

Jon 

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

21 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

As Jez said, start with the hop. Try a maple leaf macaron 50/60 degree, paired with an omega nub. Cheap and cheerful but makes a big improvement in most replicas. 

Thank you very much! I assume they are available from most retailers… 

• Supporters

And the oft forgotten part of the hop upgrading- run good quality heavier ammo (as heavy as you can stomach come ammo buying time)

Bestest gnu on the planet will shoot like crap of your feeding it shitty lightweight ammo

I wouldn't bother with changing the spring as higher fps doesn't equal better range. If you are going to swap anything then it should be the hop rubber and nub, the ones mentioned above are a good choice. As for where to buy from @ak2m4 is a good place.

Having posted that @Adolf Hamster makes a very good point. Give heavier bbs a try as you might find you don't need to change any parts

I changed the hop unit (Prometheus rotary) and bucking (Maple Leaf Macaron 50 & bucking) in my CM16 Predator and my range has been improved. I use 0.28g or 0.32g BBs outdoors as 0.25g or 0.2g are too easily affected by crosswinds so the range especially sucks with them.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Galvatron said:

I changed the hop unit (Prometheus rotary) and bucking (Maple Leaf Macaron 50 & bucking) in my CM16 Predator and my range has been improved. I use 0.28g or 0.32g BBs outdoors as 0.25g or 0.2g are too easily affected by crosswinds so the range especially sucks with them.

I would say that the majority of that improvement has come from the rubber. The hop unit in the Combat machines isn't actually that bad.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

I would say that the majority of that improvement has come from the rubber. The hop unit in the Combat machines isn't actually that bad.

It's not but I didn't find adjusting the hop on the gear-based unit particularly easy with gloves on.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

It's not but I didn't find adjusting the hop on the gear-based unit particularly easy with gloves on.

Ah, I was thinking of the newer ones with the rotary hop.