Sales comms straight to email?.

Alright guys. 

So, I've been on these forums for a long long time. 

Yet comms have always been "normal" and convo and pics sent on the forum chat/message. 

But as of late, I'm Getting messages asking to go straight to email and chat there. 

And it's not just one or two. 

Which I just find a bit weird tbh. 

Now the old stickler in me, I just reject these messages, as can't see why you can't just chat send pics on the chat here. But I don't want to seem rude if they're genuine. 

Anyone else had this? And are they genuine?

• Supporters

I don't Classify much, but my rule of thumb is to not go down the dark alley with the stranger.  You're free to ignore the request - I mean, don't even acknowledge it - and keep communicating here, then asking for or supplying a PayPal G&S invoice.

If they're actually interested in buying/selling they'll engage. If they don't, you haven't lost anything.

Posted (edited)

That's my thoughts, 

But was more it seems to becoming a regular occurance. So wasn't sure if a new thing to do or not. 

But will stick to my gut instinct and stick to the chat on here. 

Just been watchful as nearly scammed twice this year and twice before Xmas. 

The one before xmas was so comical. Was a user called "adams34". Who was trying to sell me something, and claiming it was his. Till I pointed out it was already sold else where.  🤣

Cheers bud. 

Screenshot_20240720_104823_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Darkmikey22

I don't do any buying or selling either, but to me wanting to take comms straight to e mail is a definite red flag to me, especially if it's from a  new member or one with few posts.

As someone who buys and sells on the forums quite a bit, I have done deals which have started out on the forum, but then moved to email. A few of my most recent sales have been done that way. There are a number of benefits to messaging back and forth via email. For me, it’s easier to read and reply to emails when at work or out and about than it is to keep going on line into the forum. Also, I find I can send more photos via email. I find that when I try to send a number of photos they’re often classed as too large, exceeding the data size limit. I make sure I do all my due diligence on the forum. Check the other parties forum history, feedback and make sure ukara and age are sorted, but there are benefits to using emails instead of forum messaging.

34 minutes ago, Super64 said:

I find that when I try to send a number of photos they’re often classed as too large, exceeding the data size limit.

Not often, but there’s been occasions where this has been the case for me too so I asked to email them images which ended up communicating through email until the deal was done

It'll almost certainly have to do with people being too lazy to contact their mobile networks to remove adult blocks - AFUK gets caught by them on Three, O2 and EE.

Emails don't get blocked by some arbitrary age restriction.

Posted (edited)

Just to clarify, I don't have an issue with emailing, providing there's been a bit of chat or atleast some clarification sort of thing. 

Not in the very first message get a basic 

"I have this, email me @....... "

Nothing about the items condition or any info for that matter, like you've got to go fishing for it all. 

Edited by Darkmikey22

• Supporters

I'd NEVER go off site with comms, big red flag, just like requests for friends & family etc, not worth the risk.

1 hour ago, Darkmikey22 said:

Just to clarify, I don't have an issue with emailing, providing there's been a bit of chat or atleast some clarification sort of thing. 

Not in the very first message get a basic 

"I have this, email me @....... "

Nothing about the items condition or any info for that matter, like you've got to go fishing for it all. 

Yeah, I’d be a bit hesitant as well if straight of the bat it was a case of, can you email me. Especially if it’s a new member, no, or very few posts and no feedback. Probably best to ignore those, or be very wary when dealing with them.

Not sold in a while, but previously had to use email or WhatsApp due to running out of picture/media upload space to provide any potential buyers with more pictures via message. WhatsApp allowed an easy way of sending a video of the RIF/kit.