Eye Protection Fogging up tricks

Tbh I'd say cat crap is pretty low cost. A tub costs a tenner but you don't need to use much so it lasts ages.

21 minutes ago, Biggie-Banana264 said:

Apart from anti fog cream, can anybody think of any low budget or free tricks that have worked for people ? I know of the fairy liquid trick

The trouble with fairy liquid is that you could still get fogging plus a face full of suds.

Mind you the eye pro will be lovely and clean 🙂

The first anti fog action is to do nothing. If there is any manufacturer anti fog coating then leave it, any aftermarket product you add will have an effect on the existing coating.

Give it a chance to do its job, and support it by allowing it some air flow.

It is a pet hate of mine with the use of minimal glasses, but …..

They have less surface area, and are away of direct warm air from your mouth and nostrils, but can be affected by a sweaty face.  The frame needs to be close to your face which leaves no airflow

A snow type goggle gives more space for air, and will have a foam/rubber seal (not a perfect air tight seal, but a good protective seal from side on BBs and a reasonable area of air inside - there may 

A problem that occurs with both is that the face is exposed, so players typically add a snood, shemagh, scarf etc ….. which may block any inlet of fresh air around edges, but also keep your head warm and heat the enclosed air adding to the risk of fogging 

Full face goggles still suffer from trapped air, but are designed to aid airflow.  A good set matched to your head will give optimum flow, a badly matched set for your head will trap you breath 

Clean lenses with water only, using a microfibre.  When playing use a microfibre with a wet corner and a dry corner - clean with the wet, then buff with the dry.  If you have a multi layered lens then don’t immerse in water

For aftermarket products there is a degree of finding what works for you.

Cheap and easy to try are antifog wipes,  but typically won’t last long

A polish type such as Cat Crap with a tiny amount rubbed on & buffed gives a good protective layer 

8 minutes ago, Biggie-Banana264 said:

I'v got the revision sawfly's do you think i should have that much of a problem with them ?

Everyone’s experience may vary.

I don’t believe that the sawfly’s have any pre-treatment, but Revision provide multi-use anti fog cloths.  I would say to keep them in a resealable bag 

If you don’t have the original cloth and experience fogging then take your pick between wipes & cat crap

12 minutes ago, Biggie-Banana264 said:

I'v got the revision sawfly's do you think i should have that much of a problem with them ?

That's what I wear & the only issue is wearing a face guard with them but they're comfy, tacticool & work. (they will fog up a little but that's mainly coz I'm a big fat lad clambering around the countryside.

the fogging gets worse if I'm wearing a boonie.

29 minutes ago, Biggie-Banana264 said:

Sawflys are not pretreated; their anti-fog cloths work well, as do Cat Crap and Absolutely Clear.  My eldest uses the latter for diving.