Screeching motor....tm

Thoughts and prayers please.

My sons tm hk53 (of what ever varient it is called) has had a seizure and now the motor screeches when the trigger is pulled. My diagnosis is that some parts inside the gear box has shit itself. 

Now do I

a)take it apart so I know what has broken and can pass that on to the shop I give it to 

b) just give it to them with a wish list...

c) go in and try to rekindle the magic myself (bare in mind i need to hold my mag into my ics) with the bits I have and or need to get....

Anyt thoughts as to what it might be before I cracked it open would also be greatly appreciated. 

Have to tried screwing in the motor screw? they can loosen off at times.

A video would be useful so that we can listen to the screech.

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

Have to tried screwing in the motor screw? they can loosen off at times.

That would be a good starting point.

First you need to take a peek at that what can without opening up the gearbox, so take motor out and examine the pinion gear, see what's occurring.  Follow this thread as well, seems you guys have something in common, oh and video is always really helpful.

So here it is, this is the noise, I will do as suggested and get a look, will update next week

Sounds like the motor isn't engaging the gears, I'd check to see if the shaft is free spinning, easy to check too... remove the motor and check the cog/gear (whatever the correct name is) is securely attached to the motor shaft.

16 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Sounds like the motor isn't engaging the gears, I'd check to see if the shaft is free spinning, easy to check too... remove the motor and check the cog/gear (whatever the correct name is) is securely attached to the motor shaft.

Pinion,dearest,pinion 😉

2 hours ago, Shamal said:

Pinion,dearest,pinion 😉

that's the jobbie

• 1 month later...

So I have finally found the time to have a look! Guess what? 

I found the tm magic dust, turns out it's not actual magic, it's the ground metal that is/was the bevel and pinion gears mangling each other! Fun times.

Also took off the upper to have a look at the gear box which also appears to have a couple of cracks in the front end on one side. 

The next question then, how compatible is generic gearboxes? Will I need to track down other tm bone yards? 

I think I may just hand this over to a "pro" though