UKARA renewal

Although I agree that we need to have regulations and systems in place to protect the vulnerable from themselves (and stop the bampots holding up post offices [if there’s any left]) , I get frustrated when my 7 year old can buy this M16/203 style water gun for a tenner in a chain discount store. If I wanted , 5 mins with a screwdriver  removes the tank part and frame and some spray paint and I’d have created a RIF. I was pretty shocked at the detail, although it’s clearly plastic UP CLOSE. Pictured next to my 9” railed m4 for comparison 

( PS: it does scoot water really far and fairly accurately by pumping the 203 handgrip)

IMG_3997.jpeg

IMG_3998.jpeg

3 hours ago, Rory said:

although it’s clearly plastic UP CLOSE

*cough*

I think you mean... 'POLYMER'

*cough*

3 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

*cough*

I think you mean... 'POLYMER'

*cough*

I prefer dinosaur juice

On 05/07/2024 at 00:38, Rogerborg said:

UKARA is just a central register of site memberships.  So, yes, you have to play at the site which registered you.

Did you get an email about it expiring?  From what I've seen, it's been bumped to a 2 year duration now.  Oh, never mind, I think I'm seeing: played mid 2022 -> site renewed my membership early 2023 -> expired early 2024.

It's pretty much entirely up to the site how long the duration is. We can set it manually. If I remember rightly, the default is 2 years from first registration. When it comes to renewal, there's a +1 year button which is the easiest way to do it. Hence renewals typically being an extra year, though I'm not aware of any rules meaning that it has to be and a site could click it twice or manually set a date if they desired.

When we re-signed up as a site, we didn't receive any additional rules other than what is publicly available on the UKARA page, it's all up to sites being reasonable and acting in good faith.