New gearbox and motor but...

Hello all!

I have recently acquired a G&G M4 30th Anniversary from a friend and after many faffing around with the gearbox (as it was just not working) I have decided to buy another one so I bought a v2 from CYMA which included a motor. 

I've set it up today and was trying to find what would be the best height for the motor and it just stopped working. I've tried to put the height all the way down, to open bring it out and in again but it didn't work. It doesn't seemed that it's jammed as I can push the spring easily and also push the piston in and it will pop back as normal. 

There is energy going through from a 9.6v 1600mah battery as it heats up the cables and the battery as well.(To which I am slightly concerned about but maybe to the fact that the motor is not running might be normal). Before taking to a professional place so they can take a look I was wondering if there's anything I can do myself? There's no mosfet. 

• Supporters

Have you checked the polarity of the connections to the motor?

8 hours ago, Lozart said:

Have you checked the polarity of the connections to the motor?

Yeah, no way i can mix that up... red with red, black on black... 

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Portela_999 said:

Yeah, no way i can mix that up... red with red, black on black... 

it's the same as plugging in a usb

you'd think you'd get it lined up right at least 50% of the time, and that it's literally impossible to try it both ways and it doesn't plug in.

yet every goddamn time.......

• Supporters

I mean, unless you've got a Deans-to-Mini-Tamiya connector in the mix.

I'd pull the motor out of the grip, plug it in and see if it spins freely out in the open.  You've still got the G&G motor, right?  So you could try that as well.

A cheap multimeter will take much of the guesswork out of the process, they're pretty much indispensable for any electrical work.

So I took to a friend of mine who is handy with RC toy cars and for some reason he manage to fix. My idea is that when putting the motor in, something was making it stuck and wouldn't run. Although I am sure that I've tried it out and didn't work.... 

Well, it's all good and running now