ASG MK23 magazines

I’ve got a TM MK23 and need to get a couple of magazines and been looking at ASG magazines but some of the information I’ve seen on them says you can’t load bbs into the bb channel as it’s not wide enough and need to fill them through the lips, is this correct?

Hi.

That can be the case. Some of my mags were a wee bit narrow but 30secs with a Dremel will just open it out enough to use a speed loader.

🙂

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Hi.

That can be the case. Some of my mags were a wee bit narrow but 30secs with a Dremel will just open it out enough to use a speed loader.

🙂

Thank you for the info

Yes, you need to Dremel them in order to load them via the channel.

Tbh though, I've never had good results using ASG mags, either in a TM MK23 or an ASG, annoyingly.

They've always suffered from feeding issues for me.

52 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Yes, you need to Dremel them in order to load them via the channel.

Tbh though, I've never had good results using ASG mags, either in a TM MK23 or an ASG, annoyingly.

They've always suffered from feeding issues for me.

That’s another thing I’ve  heard about asg magazines that sometimes you need to change the feed lips as well.

Just now, Allen428 said:

That’s another thing I’ve  heard about asg magazines that sometimes you need to change the feed lips as well.

Yeah, I have an STTI (same as the ASG) and I replaced all the feed lips on mine because they either didn't want to feed or they caused the trigger to be mega sticky

1 minute ago, Impulse said:

Yeah, I have an STTI (same as the ASG) and I replaced all the feed lips on mine because they either didn't want to feed or they caused the trigger to be mega sticky

So the feed lips seem to be the weak point on asg and strike mags.

Did the bb channel need modification to load bbs on your STTI mags?

Half my mk23 mags are asg, half are novritsch. All my asg mags load fine from the channel. The feed lips on the novritsch are designed to avoid the double feeding issues, but to be fair, I've never had an issues with the ASG mags in that regard.

On 26/05/2024 at 19:45, Allen428 said:

So the feed lips seem to be the weak point on asg and strike mags.

Did the bb channel need modification to load bbs on your STTI mags?

Yeah. Didn't have a dremel at the time, but I just took a file to them to open the channel up a little. Would be easier with a dremel and likely take seconds, but it took me a couple of minutes with a file.