National Service

The government could also try retaining all the people they have trained over the past few years rather. With underfunding and a lack of equipment those trained professionals who did volunteer can’t be arsed to be frank. 

I think public engagement with the forces is important as well, service people I think have always felt under appreciated by the public apart from the occasional headline. 

• Supporters

What I think is that volunteering has merits and should be encouraged.  However, what I know is that Uniparty Blue has cut funding for the National Citizen Service by 2/3rds since 2019, and reportedly Sanook personally tried to scrap it entirely as chancellor.

So what I conclude is that this is an unfunded, unplanned, entirely fantastical Hail Mary announcement by a man who doesn't mean a word of it, and whose wife is already picking out the curtains for their Malibu mansion.

When James Dimly was rolled out to explain that this definitely compulsory probably unpaid indentured servitude would likely not have an element of compulsion, maybe, it became pure farce.