New to airsoft

Hi, I am new to Airsoft and am wanting to get into playing. I am from the west London are (around slough) and was wondering what the best way for me to get started is. Where is the best place for me to go? do I have to buy equipment straight away ? etc. I do not mind travelling a bit in order to play. 

Hi, 

Have a look here for local sites - playairsoft.co.uk 

First couple of times you play you dont need to buy anything. You can rent it all from the site. Once the bug has bitten you though, a good set of eye protection and a decent set of boots should high on your purchase list.

Hello and welcome to the money pit.🙂

Have a look at 'playairsoft.co.uk' that will list sites near you.

No you don't need to buy any thing to start with but a pair of boots with ankle support and a good pair of ballistic rated goggles/glasses are a must have. Just search on t'internet for Airsoft eyprotection but make sure they have an ansi z87 +1 rating.

You will have to contact your nearest site and book a game as a rental player and the site will provide you with a gun,ammo,face protection/mask they probably will have eye pro for sale but get your own to be on the safe side.

Wear some old clothes but make sure your skin is covered.

Enjoy but be prepared to spend lots lol

Regards 

5 minutes ago, DanBow said:

Hi, 

Have a look here for local sites - playairsoft.co.uk 

First couple of times you play you dont need to buy anything. You can rent it all from the site. Once the bug has bitten you though, a good set of eye protection and a decent set of boots should high on your purchase list.

Hey I was already typing all that! 😉

Edited by Shamal

Welcome. The best way to get started is to book a game at a local site. Check out https://playairsoft.uk/ to find sites in your area.

As for what to buy I recommend renting for your first 3 games as the site will provide you with a gun and face protection so all you'll need to have is decent footwear (many outdoor sites insist you wear boots not trainers as they provide less grip the risk of twisting your ankle is far higher). There are laws governing the sale of airsoft guns so without a site membership you'll be stuck with having to buy a brightly coloured 2 tone gun (assuming you're 18 or over). Renting also means you'll be able to get a better idea of what suits you

4 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Snooze you lose.

It's cause I'm hungry 😂😂

Just now, Shamal said:

It's cause I'm hungry 😂😂

Are you malnourished?

if so... eat a sandwich

if not... be patient