B6 style battery chargers.

Sewdhull

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was fiddling with my charger this morning, having owned it for maybe 10 years and I found it had a brushed motor power mode.

You can set the voltage and the max amps, up to 5A.

Useful I think for motor comparison and running in, if anyone does this.

Do others have this setting?

The option was in external function...

What was interesting I thought was that the src high torque motor wouldn't start at 5A, but once helped ran at around 3A.

Edited by Sewdhull

13 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Yeah me to.

Although I don't call it a charger but heyho whatever. 😉

Play with it in the wrong place and it'll get you a few charges

2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Play with it in the wrong place and it'll get you a few charges

Spoiler

play with it in the right place and it'll get you a few discharges

I built an XL4015 for breaking in a new motor, cost me £4.60 (plus wiring etc) and you can change the voltage to whatever you want with the display, plug a battery in and it will run a good while at 1.5 V, above this voltage the motor gets too warm and warm is no good for the magnets

Good for seating new carbon brushes and cleaning the commutator with a qtip and a drop of brake cleaner

The carbon brushes are more durable than I thought tho, you can spend days running without fully seated the new brushes

The ppl that run motors in tend to be car racers.

They submerge the motors in water to do so, the bits come off in the water and it speeds things up and leaves everything shiny and clean.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.