Charging an MP7A1 battery on an imax B6AC

_K4MF_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hiya!

Is it possible, or has anyone had any joy charging a 7.2v AEP battery, using chargers like the Imax B6AC (as below)? Trying to find a charger for the AEP batteries that looks a bit less dodgy than the ones from America, and I have the B6AC for my other batteries, I can only assume there's a way to do it. Advice appreciated, cheers!

IMAX B6AC V2 Balance Charger Plastic LCD Display AC DC Dual Power  Professional | eBay

*****EDIT*****

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/products/Tokyo-Marui-Charging-Adaptor-for-AEP-Battery

I think I just answered my own question...

Edited by _K4MF_

5 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Or if you have one of those variable power supplies which come with various plugs and you can solder then make your own...

OLYM0655.jpg.5d7e410b48112c8866b7bc569cc5e566.jpgOLYM0656.jpg.713a840ecbf2764fa199c0abf3b284b3.jpg

This looks like I'd blow my arm off if I switched the plug on.... Not sure I can be trusted. 

• _K4MF_ changed the title to Charging an MP7A1 battery on an imax B6AC

Out of stock, but...

https://www.socomtactical.net/jg-aep-battery-charger-adapter/

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/ipower-charger-adapter-for-lipo-aep-batteries

I have the top one and also a version of the lower one that a friend sorted for me. Works great.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Sewdhull said:

use the croc clips touching the contacts and an elastic band to hold it on, a hair band works too.

I like to get some small magnets into the mix too.

3 hours ago, Pseudotectonic said:

@EDcase just an observation, that solder joint in the picture is a cold joint and might break or overheat (due to poor conductivity)

And yes you can charge an AEP 7.2 V battery, just charge it with NiMH settings (or whatever chemistry it is)

Thank you ;)

• Supporters
On 17/01/2024 at 20:17, Sewdhull said:

I dunno that the contacts are magnetic, but if they are, that's a good shout

They're not, I use small (e.g. 5mmx2.5m) neodymium magnets to stick contacts together.

8 hours ago, Pseudotectonic said:

@EDcase just an observation, that solder joint in the picture is a cold joint and might break or overheat (due to poor conductivity)

I know it looks like that thanks but its fine on the other side.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.