“Hitman” style VORSK VX-9 1911 GBB shooting to the left.

Seagal99

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve recently got the “Hitman” Vorsk vx9 1911 with the extended barrel silencer brand new from Patrol base. Tried shooting around 20 shots through it but it’s shooting quite heavily to the left with and without the silencer attached. Has anyone experienced anything like this and is there a simple solution I’ve missed? I.e more hop, more rounds through? I’ve been reluctant to do too much so far in case it needs returning. 

4 minutes ago, Seagal99 said:

I’ve recently got the “Hitman” Vorsk vx9 1911 with the extended barrel silencer brand new from Patrol base. Tried shooting around 20 shots through it but it’s shooting quite heavily to the left with and without the silencer attached. Has anyone experienced anything like this and is there a simple solution I’ve missed? I.e more hop, more rounds through? I’ve been reluctant to do too much so far in case it needs returning. 

A couple of years ago I bought the newly released Asia Electric (WE) Sig P320 (m17)

It did the same thing, badly designed and made hop unit which applied pressure at an angle instead of from direct top of the beeb

If you remove the inner barrel from the outer, apply 50% hop , then take a look through from the hop end, is it square vertically?

could be your outer barrel & rubber is slightly tilted to the side during assembly?

• Moderators

I've no experience with them, but you've done the right thing by not opening it up, I'd recommend you email patrol base & then follow it up with a phone call, if they recommend anything other than returning it, ask them to confirm their advice via return email, & should it still have an issue, insist on a full return for refund or exchange, depending on what YOU want. 

Unfortunately vorsk aren't known for qc, so it could be a one off lemon, or a generic issue with them ? 

Yeah as you just got it new, may as well try a return for a refund or replacement.

I've had a pistol do the same from new but can't remember which one it was.

It should be easily fixable by checking the position of the hop as Enid_Puceflange said.

My Vorsk VX-9 shoots really well so its not a general problem with them.

Edited by EDcase

Personally I think Vorsk/Raven/WE/Armorer Works 1911 hop units are just nigh-on useless. Is this just for the look or do you want to do some serious skirmishing with it? 

17 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

A couple of years ago I bought the newly released Asia Electric (WE) Sig P320 (m17)

It did the same thing, badly designed and made hop unit which applied pressure at an angle instead of from direct top of the beeb

If you remove the inner barrel from the outer, apply 50% hop , then take a look through from the hop end, is it square vertically?

could be your outer barrel & rubber is slightly tilted to the side during assembly?

Great. Thanks for the advice. I’ll try that and see what it looks like.  I didn’t want to go fiddling with it if it was a standard fix like firing a few more rounds through, especially as my tech knowledge is limited to taking guns apart and covering them in silicon spray and grease LOL

If you're covering it in silicone spray, that may be the issue 😬

3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

If you're covering it in silicone spray, that may be the issue 😬

Yeah when I say covering that might be a bit miss leading. I spray the mag rubber bits and the slide/ contact points. I don’t spray in the barrels or hop. Basically my maintenance skills are basic and from YouTube. 

4 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Personally I think Vorsk/Raven/WE/Armorer Works 1911 hop units are just nigh-on useless. Is this just for the look or do you want to do some serious skirmishing with it? 

Mostly for target pinking, but want it to be useable for playing definitely. 

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if this is a silly question but, you have cleaned the barrel haven't you?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.