[SOLVED] Fixed barrel blowback sidearm

two_zero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not been following along what's happening in airsoft the last few years so I am kinda lost. Currently running a WE g17 gen4, and while it is plenty fun, because the inner barrel is floating inside the outer barrel that is tilting, I can not achieve the level of accuracy that I would like.

Any suggestions for alternatives?

Requirements:

- Fixed barrel.
- Blow back.

- Available spares/aftermarket parts.
- Either come with bottom rails, or there being an alternative way to attach a torch.

Big bonus if it also runs somewhat reliably in cold weather ;)

Thank you all!!

Edited by two_zero
Solved.

22 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

Action Army AAP-01 basically.

How is the build quality on this one? I seem to recall not hearing awesome things about Action Army, but it's been a while for me too lmao.

Replace the hammer, even the second gen one, with...

https://www.empireairsoft.co.uk/aap01-tm-g18c-cnc-steel-hammer.html

... and you'll get no mechanical faults (the Cow Cow hammer set can be temperamental). Swap in a Autobot or Flamingo bucking and you'll hop BB's over 0.30g with no issues, change to a Hadron Loki and you'll hop 0.40g or higher.

It's not a silent sidearm but massively better than a WE EU17 Gen4 (accuracy, gas efficiency) and you can use your Gen4 mags :) My son and I use them as our side arms, however the 1st gen hammer did fail on mine...

jTSEDgF.jpg

22 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Replace the hammer, even the second gen one, with...

https://www.empireairsoft.co.uk/aap01-tm-g18c-cnc-steel-hammer.html

... and you'll get no mechanical faults (the Cow Cow hammer set can be temperamental). Swap in a Autobot or Flamingo bucking and you'll hop BB's over 0.30g with no issues, change to a Hadron Loki and you'll hop 0.40g or higher.

It's not a silent sidearm but massively better than a WE EU17 Gen4 (accuracy, gas efficiency) and you can use your Gen4 mags :) My son and I use them as our side arms, however the 1st gen hammer did fail on mine...

I assume usp nbb is still the go-to practical/silent? I got one laying around, but I feel like the whole joy, for me, with gas is making some noise and feeling a bit of a kick :)

Edited by two_zero

36 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

We Makarov?

No rail but some creativity could add one.

Certainly it can be made accurate, at least as far as anything airsoft can be.

It's has been on my mind. It does seem solid af. But yea, the rail is an issue.

1 hour ago, Sewdhull said:

The aap is pretty good, fine in std form if you don't go full auto.

Better buckings are always a good idea.

Most of the noise is the nozzle and bolt hitting things

The more noise the better IMO for GBB ;)

Why are better buckings a good idea? What should I upgrade before going auto?

Nineball makes a fixed ”2way” outer barrel for the TM g17 gen4.

Should fit your WE.

Also Unikorn makes av fixed barrel/hop combo. Not sure if they make one that fits the WE though.

In the meantime you can stabilize your inner barrel a bit by wrapping some tape around it, to sit tighter in the outer barrel.

Edited by theSwede

9 hours ago, two_zero said:

Why are better buckings a good idea? What should I upgrade before going auto?

Improved accuracy, grouping of shots and ability to lift heavy BB's. The hop unit in the AAP-01 is way better than the stock WE EU17 one anyhow, but a better bucking makes a big difference (I run a Maple Leaf 60 degree silicon Autobot with 0.32g BB's, and the bucking gets them noticeably further and has a huge effect on grouping).

For full auto start with the hammer, it really need to be done otherwise it will fail. But to be honest full auto is a bit pointless, unless you're going HPA, with cool down etc (it's very snappy on semi out of the box and it's so easy to improve).

5 hours ago, theSwede said:

In the meantime you can stabilize your inner barrel a bit by wrapping some tape around it, to sit tighter in the outer barrel.

I literally can't, as it's a moving part, hence why I want something with a fixed barrel.

5 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Improved accuracy, grouping of shots and ability to lift heavy BB's. The hop unit in the AAP-01 is way better than the stock WE EU17 one anyhow, but a better bucking makes a big difference (I run a Maple Leaf 60 degree silicon Autobot with 0.32g BB's, and the bucking gets them noticeably further and has a huge effect on grouping).

For full auto start with the hammer, it really need to be done otherwise it will fail. But to be honest full auto is a bit pointless, unless you're going HPA, with cool down etc (it's very snappy on semi out of the box and it's so easy to improve).

Thank you for explaining!

As for auto being pointless - we're shooting plastic bullets at each other. If there's is any point to it surely it is to have as much fun as possible, and for me atleast, fa gbb is plenty fun ;)

20 hours ago, two_zero said:

How is the build quality on this one? I seem to recall not hearing awesome things about Action Army, but it's been a while for me too lmao.

Correction, I was thinking about Army Armament.

28 minutes ago, Sewdhull said:

There's a lot of cool down on full auto, it's a small mag and the fire rate is silly.

Ineffective in a skirmish? Sure. But silly? As oppose to grown people playing with toyguns^^?

As in disproportionate to the delivery device. With no slide and just a bolt it cycles quickly, never mind when ppl use lighter bolts and stronger springs.

Semi auto can be plenty fast enough, full auto is disappointing. If you don't mind everything being all over quickly then it's fine.

4 hours ago, two_zero said:
10 hours ago, theSwede said:

I literally can't, as it's a moving part, hence why I want something with a fixed barrel.

You can. If you want to fixate the inner barrel in the outer barrel.

Or I misread your first post. Are you looking for a ”fixed slide”? A nbb?

Otherwise yes, fixed barrels are a thing even for glocks. Where you fixate the innerbarrel and hop to the outer barrel for improved accuracy

5 hours ago, theSwede said:

You can. If you want to fixate the inner barrel in the outer barrel.

Or I misread your first post. Are you looking for a ”fixed slide”? A nbb?

Otherwise yes, fixed barrels are a thing even for glocks. Where you fixate the innerbarrel and hop to the outer barrel for improved accuracy

Dude.. I literally state in my post that I'm not looking for a NBB.

The inner barrel in a WE g17 gen4 moves back and forth inside the the outer barrel.

The solution is an AAP-01, as people recommended.

• two_zero changed the title to [SOLVED] Fixed barrel blowback sidearm
1 hour ago, Sewdhull said:

The we big bird seems to have a fixed inner barrel altho not terribly well fixed. I added o rings to better locate it when in battery.

My KSC or kwa Glock 17 has a tilting inner barrel.

neat! well, i feel like tightening the innerbarrel to the outer is fairly standard :) leaning toward the AAP01 thou, the aftermarket parts for it really excites me!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.