Green gas

gavinkempsell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I like Ultrair as it’s a ‘dry’ gas (https://actionsportgames.com/en-gb/productcatalog/ultrair-power-propellent-gas-without-silicone-570-ml).   It’s decent in the winter, and not too daft in the summer.  The lack of lube means the hop stays pretty consistent 

2 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Isn't the lube meant to be good foor gbb's?

The seals yes, but it can play silly buggers with the hop up. 

Tbh I tend to use whatever is available on site, usually nuprol or vorsk, but I also keep a can of 144a to hand in case the green gas is too hot

1 hour ago, Duff Beer said:

I like Ultrair as it’s a ‘dry’ gas (https://actionsportgames.com/en-gb/productcatalog/ultrair-power-propellent-gas-without-silicone-570-ml).   It’s decent in the winter, and not too daft in the summer.  The lack of lube means the hop stays pretty consistent 

@gavinkempsell

I use the Ultrair in my gbbr’s , I used to use Nuprol but the silicon content sure did screw with accuracy, and resulted in a proper , inner barrel and hop removal to get things cleaned and back to normal.

Using Ultrair, I only need to do a strip and relube of the bcg etc

Im now looking for something similar but higher pressure for Scottish winter playing

I've ordered some Ultrair, used nuprol in my GBB pistols but my XM177 needs better care, hense my question.

9 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Im now looking for something similar but higher pressure for Scottish winter playing

ASG do higher power gases now.  Their top gas is 178psi (Ultrair is 135psi) and there’s also a 164psi gas

The 178psi is properly lairy in anything other than the coldest of coldest weathers 

Edited by Duff Beer

2 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

ASG do higher power gases now.  Their top gas is 178psi (Ultrair is 135psi) and there’s also a 164psi gas

The 178psi is properly lairy in anything other than the coldest of coldest weathers 

Cheers

ill check that out

hoping for no to low silicon

Hmmmm

promising, listed by manufacturer as no silicon. 
now to find a stockist

IMG_1127.png

18 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

now to find a stockist

Fire Support have it in stock at the moment

7 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Fire Support have it in stock at the moment

Cool

So does Bullseye Country Sports

I best get price shopping 😁

Edit:

Bullseye don’t ship gas 🙄

Thanks for the Fire Support tip, they ain’t open until the 2nd so should get it to try in time for the 14th 👍

13 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Thanks for the Fire Support tip, they ain’t open until the 2nd so should get it to try in time for the 14th 👍

Defcon also have it in stock and are open on Thursday 

6 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Defcon also have it in stock and are open on Thursday 

Thanks for that

A couple of quid cheaper over all. 
ordered a bottle of each (Orange & Red to try out)

I’ve got Npas installed so should be good 🤞

Depending what you are running most things advertise as being Airsoft green gas will do the job.  There are no silicone glasses but the price to performance ratios are minimal, plus the Idea is it makes sure the rubbers in the mag are lubricated. One thing I would say running gbbs it's also good to have some black gas at hand also and various companies produce that too. Just shop around.

Like the other folks have said you're better off with a 'dry' gas, the silicone is being sprayed through your hop rubber and barrel which messes with your accuracy and means you have to clean a lot more often. As for seals, I think you're better off doing them manually with a decent grease (something like superlube 21030, I've started using that based on recommendations from the heavy recoil club discord and it works brilliantly for everything GBB).

I've been running ultrair pretty much all year round and now with the orange/red stuff they've put out I'm sorted if I need anything when it gets a bit colder.

14 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Thanks for that

A couple of quid cheaper over all. 
ordered a bottle of each (Orange & Red to try out)

I’ve got Npas installed so should be good 🤞

Super5ives also do the ultrair orange/red and works out a few quid cheaper. Free postage over £50 so pretty decent if you stock up on a few at once! The regular/brown cans you can pick up at one of the generic bbguns websites in bulk and works out about 5/6 quid a can or thereabouts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.