Double Bell SR25 review.

Greendore

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Interesting.  Should get moved to right place.

The gearbox locking up is often a symptom of a weak battery.

The original ported cylinder would be better as the port allows for more acceleration of the piston.  It should only be changed to non ported if the volume is not sufficient for the barrel length (which it shouldn't be)

Great looking shooter! I have a cyma SR25, and its a heavy beast - maybe the Double Bell is lighter? The cyma stock is indeed good, albeit i frequently seem to get batteries stuck inside it, they are a pain to get out. I need to really devise some kind of solution.

If you continue to have lock up issues that you can't solve without flicking to full auto, I managed to semi lock the cyma SR25 with a couple of suitably sized washers on the rear receiver pin - in between the receiver and the gearbox. Quite quickly reversible - certainly without stripping the gearbox down. Albeit I suspect if you want to take advantage of that, you would need to replace your modified selector plate. I presume it works also in the double bell, but not tried!

On 08/11/2023 at 18:09, EDcase said:

Interesting.  Should get moved to right place.

The gearbox locking up is often a symptom of a weak battery.

The original ported cylinder would be better as the port allows for more acceleration of the piston.  It should only be changed to non ported if the volume is not sufficient for the barrel length (which it shouldn't be)

I read up that any inner barrel 400m+ should have a non ported cylinder, I am tempted one day to buy a longer inner barrel to go into a suppressor so the non ported cylinder will come on handy.

2 hours ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Great looking shooter! I have a cyma SR25, and its a heavy beast - maybe the Double Bell is lighter? The cyma stock is indeed good, albeit i frequently seem to get batteries stuck inside it, they are a pain to get out. I need to really devise some kind of solution.

If you continue to have lock up issues that you can't solve without flicking to full auto, I managed to semi lock the cyma SR25 with a couple of suitably sized washers on the rear receiver pin - in between the receiver and the gearbox. Quite quickly reversible - certainly without stripping the gearbox down. Albeit I suspect if you want to take advantage of that, you would need to replace your modified selector plate. I presume it works also in the double bell, but not tried!

Ever since the upgrades and the new motor I haven't had 1 lock up :) I agree the cyma stock is a pain with battery's getting stuck! I have to keep removing the adjustable bit and the button/spring so I can fully fit and remove batteries from the stock

On 08/11/2023 at 09:40, mirinjawbro said:

total cost ?

£220 for the gun

£25 inner barrel

£32 motor

£40 mosfet

£45 for gears cylinder and head and shims 

£10 hop up chamber 

Total £372

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.