should I use ASG gear grease or Nuprol silicone oil for GBB maintenance?

Alexdima579

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all

I'm going be cleaning and maintaining my gbb stuff for the first time today and I'm a bit confused on what to use for lubrication, I've got both ASG gear grease and Nuprol silicone oil and I've been recommended both by different people, which one would work best for lubrication (I also have a small can of ultra air silicone oil if that's any better)?

Also what cleaning products are best suited for cleaning gbbs, cleaning dirt specifically?

I have a VFC LAR and an Army Armament R32 M1911 for reference.

Here's images of both for reference:

Nuprol Premium Silicone Airsoft Gun Oil 180 ml : Amazon.co.uk: Sports &  Outdoors Ultimate Gear Grease

Thanks in advance.

AlexDima579

I don't think its that critical to be honest.  As long as its Silicone based it will be fine.

Main thing to remember is keep all lubricants away from inside the hop rubber and barrel.

Edited by EDcase

50 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

and 4uad airsoft lubricant pens for more detailed stuff 

Well, i never knew something like that existed! Just prompted me to do a search for 'empty felt tip pen' and voila, it appears that you can buy packs of empty/refillable felt tip markers! https://www.amazon.co.uk/SAVITA-Refillable-Markers-Painting-Graffiti/dp/B0B51H1J2B/ref=asc_df_B0B51H1J2B/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=641529185451&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3277307157925442133&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9044964&hvtargid=pla-1731300655915&psc=1

Perfect to fill with a light silicone RC shock oil or similar. Excellent, erm, tip!

I'd never put silicone grease on a GBB pistol. Silicone oil is absolutely fine and just apply it when you have the most friction between two surfaces. But tons of video about this topic on YT.

Silicone grease is good for BCG (bolt carrier group) lubrication.

Silicone oil for O rings and plastic on plastic or plastic on metal slides and frames.

Teflon grease or oil for metal on metal.

I use Superlube Synthetic with PTFE to grease slide and rails. If it migrates it will not damage or weaken plastic parts. 

Dry cloth or cotton buds for muck, but when the gun gets very dirty you can use Isopropyl 99% alcohol, which shifts grease and crud effectively and evaporates completely leaving no residue or smell. Isopropyl alcohol is also the go to for inner barrels. It's the only thing you should put down an inner barrel, apart from a dry piece of cloth or tissue to pull out the dirt. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.