Finding 12 gauge mag flash rounds?

Strebs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently bought the pulse armaments grenade with a 12 gauge base and 9mm. Been looking for 12 gauge mag flash online but I can hardly find anything.

I live in the Kingston / Richmond area p. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I could get 12 gauge magflash as I can’t seem to find it anywhere anymore. 

standard 12 gauge would be too loud and I’m purely looking for the flash that the my flash gives.

Magflash rounds were made by the one guy on youtube on a small scale. As far as i'm aware he stopped making them years ago and noone has stock anywhere, I spent months looking. I tried reaching out to the original maker and never got a reply. A guy at my local field is looking into modifying the 12 gauge signalling blanks to emulate the effect as best as he can simply for simulation purposes but that's going to take a lot of time and effort.

As for noise level, 12 gauge blanks are, in my ears, no louder than 9mm (.380) blanks but three times as expensive per bang when compared to 9mm prices. In enclosed spaces, .209 primers are loud and are £0.10p per bang.

Until magflash or similar are released again, 12 gauge is pointless which is why very few people make BFGs that take 12 gauge anymore.

Edited by MrTea

Personally I would not support the use of anything larger than 209 and certainly not indoors.

209s are plenty loud enough for people in the 'kill' zone to know they are hit.  9mm and over is loud enough to cause hearing damage if it lands near someone

On 24/08/2023 at 14:34, MrTea said:

Magflash rounds were made by the one guy on youtube on a small scale. As far as i'm aware he stopped making them years ago and noone has stock anywhere, I spent months looking. I tried reaching out to the original maker and never got a reply. A guy at my local field is looking into modifying the 12 gauge signalling blanks to emulate the effect as best as he can simply for simulation purposes but that's going to take a lot of time and effort.

As for noise level, 12 gauge blanks are, in my ears, no louder than 9mm (.380) blanks but three times as expensive per bang when compared to 9mm prices. In enclosed spaces, .209 primers are loud and are £0.10p per bang.

Until magflash or similar are released again, 12 gauge is pointless which is why very few people make BFGs that take 12 gauge anymore.

Hi MrTea/Everyone 

I was just having a Google as I was board as hell an see the magflash post on my search....I seen someone commented saying they was on YouTube...Just for your info I have them...In 12g Blanks,Small Magflash,Magflash an Large Magflash...An a few others in development ATM? I've only just joined to reply to your post!   I've not read up on site rules just yet so don't want to give out any info untill I fully understand the site rules?Don't want to get banned! But just for your info all x4 was developed for Airsoft use in All BFG's😉🤙💥...So everyone can get more use out of there BFG's.

Tugger👊

33 minutes ago, Tugger said:

Hi MrTea/Everyone 

I was just having a Google as I was board as hell an see the magflash post on my search....I seen someone commented saying they was on YouTube...Just for your info I have them...In 12g Blanks,Small Magflash,Magflash an Large Magflash...An a few others in development ATM? I've only just joined to reply to your post!   I've not read up on site rules just yet so don't want to give out any info untill I fully understand the site rules?Don't want to get banned! But just for your info all x4 was developed for Airsoft use in All BFG's😉🤙💥...So everyone can get more use out of there BFG's.

Tugger👊

Were you selling these on ebay at some point?  I definitely remember seeing them a year or so ago on there.

I definitely want to hear about magflashes becoming available again!

For those who aren't familiar with magflashes, they are like a thermo baric Airsoft pyro (or at least they were) they had a deeper boom to them and a very bright flash, so were awesome in buildings at night! 

They weren't louder than a Mk5. Just needed the extra space for the stuff to make the bright flash. 

3 hours ago, Tugger said:

Hi MrTea/Everyone 

Tugger👊

If they're as good as they appear to be in the videos, i'll snap your hand off for some magflash rounds. Send me a private message as soon as you're able if you've got some ready to go.

For the different versions of the magflash from small to large what exactly changes? Is it the noise level or the amount/size of flash/sparks? I'm only asking as the noise level is the main issue when it comes to magflash and 12 gauge blanks on the forum from what i've seen.

Quick question; it's a little bit of a coincidence that you've appeared after I was talking to a guy last week at District 23 about these very rounds. Are you that same person or original creator of magflash?

Keep us updated.

Edited by MrTea

6 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Were you selling these on ebay at some point?  I definitely remember seeing them a year or so ago on there.

Yes I've never stopped doing them😉I just when direct rether then ebay..I was doing them on eBay for about 5yrs.But had to much hassle with eBay so just thort balls to it fighting them all the time....An there postable👍

5 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

I definitely want to hear about magflashes becoming available again!

For those who aren't familiar with magflashes, they are like a thermo baric Airsoft pyro (or at least they were) they had a deeper boom to them and a very bright flash, so were awesome in buildings at night! 

They weren't louder than a Mk5. Just needed the extra space for the stuff to make the bright flash. 

Been doing them for about 5yrs😉...& Was i putting my cards in with the parcels so people could come direct to me.An not ebay

4 hours ago, MrTea said:

If they're as good as they appear to be in the videos, i'll snap your hand off for some magflash rounds. Send me a private message as soon as you're able if you've got some ready to go.

For the different versions of the magflash from small to large what exactly changes? Is it the noise level or the amount/size of flash/sparks? I'm only asking as the noise level is the main issue when it comes to magflash and 12 gauge blanks on the forum from what i've seen.

Quick question; it's a little bit of a coincidence that you've appeared after I was talking to a guy last week at District 23 about these very rounds. Are you that same person or original creator of magflash?

Keep us updated.

I did send a shit load out to 3 People for free in return for them to do reviews on youtube but never see jack for it...

The difference is sound Db's an different size flashes so there is one type for every user..

I don't follow Airsoft alot.But I occasionally Google Magflash/FlashBang to see if anything comes up of mine..That's how I found this post..So not really coincidence to be honest.An I don't know District 23 never hear of it or them...

Yes am the Original Creater of the x4 different one that been around for about 5yrs 

Am working on a few others at the min.But testing look positive.An few got no sparks what so ever

I did send a guy called Dean on youtube that used them in a blank firing mortar to best an that was want I used different colours on primers to show what was what but now got proper labels

There is a video on YouTube if I can find it il see if can post the link on here

Tugger

Edited by Tugger

They do look nice and I'm definitely interested, but my only concern is the possible fire risk from the sparks. Is it any greater than from normal bfgs or disposable pyro?

2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

They do look nice and I'm definitely interested, but my only concern is the possible fire risk from the sparks. Is it any greater than from normal bfgs or disposable pyro?

There is always a risk of fire with any pyro as we all know...I've sold over 10,000 an never had anything back to say started fires..But the (spark)that come off are not super hot...An die out quick....but fear not I've got some in the making now that got no (sparks)😁 

Inbox me for info an anyone wants...👍

might be barking up the wrong tree here but i thought that 12G magflashes were less popular at sites now because of insurance liability

all of the usual 'store bought' blank ammo we use is made and tested to specific industry standards to which the manufacturing companies will be held accountable if something goes wrong

a small, individual, sole trader type person making blank rounds for use by the public in an open setting might be manufacturing the ammo to a very high standard but without the relevant lab tests to legally confirm this no insurance liability company is going to be comfortable with their use by the general public.

happy to be wrong on this bc i would love to see these types of blanks being used more widely again

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.