Epsom CQB Bunker - any good and advice on first CQB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

So far my son and I have been playing woodland sites but now we want to try CQB and the closest side to us is Epsom CQB Bunkers.

• Has anyone played it recently. Is it any good? I’ve only seen posts from 8 years ago.
  • Is it advisable to wear a full face helmet like a paintballl mask or is a full seal goggle plus a balaclava with mesh guard for mouth protection good/save enough?
  • How dark are the tunnels? We only have dark goggles.
  • Do you have to have flash lights?
  • I’ve only got a long gun (Krytac Trident SPR), Is it still enjoyable to play CQB with a gun like that? My son got a short AK so he should be fine.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Didn't it close down?

I thought jay from Elite Action Games Dorking (also gone 😢 ) was running it for a while.

In fact my mate used to Marshall there, let me ask him

The website is still up https://www.incursionairsoft.co.uk/epsom-cqb-bunker

and it has some dates listed but not what year 😉

But when I checked a month ago they didn’t have August dates and now some are listed.

The dates shown for Wednesdays do align with Wednesdays in 2023

I’m going to make my standard statement of full face goggles. But a full seal goggle meets my criteria (as opposed to glasses type eye protection)

Whether or not balaclavas & mesh etc are good enough is personal preference 

Lens colour indoors and in the dark should be clear, or potentially amber.

Dark lenses filter out too much

Amber/yellow and some shades of orange can enhance your ability to pick things out in dull conditions 

+1 on what @Tommikka said for clear to amber lens

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

Lens colour indoors and in the dark should be clear, or potentially amber.

Dark lenses filter out too much

Amber/yellow and some shades of orange can enhance your ability to pick things out in dull conditions 

Face pro and lights: I would advise mesh because i dont want to show up to work with bbs impact on my face. Flashlight have the added benefits of looking tacticool so i have one on my replica even in full day light

For the long gun vs cqb, dont get a replica before you know if you like cqb, the added challenge could make the game more fun, consider playing one or two round with just your secondary if you have one. I used to play at the mall in Readin, and a couple of time i went with full length m16 and hi capa, and it was good fun, 

Lights are highly recommended for the site. As some areas are very dark.

Also the average firefight range is extremely short and they didnt chrono guns last time I went. I would not recommend for anyone under 18 to go.

Full head protection is recommended but everyone seems to mesh lower and eyepro only.

Its a fun very small site but can be a bit rough gameplay wise due to the sites nature.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been 5 or six times over the past year. Mostly had fun, but its a little 'rough round the edges'. Always had all guns chrono'd, but not tagged, and just as we went out for the first game. Site is effectively a subterranean grid of tunnels, with obstacles placed along their length. It is dark (and a light is useful/required), but there is much more light than e.g. Invicta Black Site. Engagement distances can be very close (lots of hits from <1m from people hiding behind barricades etc), and some of my most painful hits have been sustained here. They play a particular game every now and then which involves one team working up a single corridor, and the other defending, with a rolling re-spawn a few meters behind the attacking team. Not my cup of tea that particular game - very very painful, and quite frustrating. In general though, the sites nice for a mid-week game every now and then, and I generally come away on a high. Usually between 12 and 20 players each event, 'registration' by banging the guy an email pre-event, and then cash in a biscuit tin on the night. As per the post above, I wouldn't advise taking kids there, and full face protection+ gloves essential in my view. 

I've only played there once on a Wednesday evening and while I did enjoy it there was one major point which makes me hesitant to go back. The wait between games was  ridiculously long, so much so that of the time it was open over 50% of it was spent in the safezone waiting for the next game

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.