VFC M249 Thread

Nick G

On 19/07/2024 at 17:53, Nick G said:

Anyone gamed the CO2 mag yet ? If so how did it perform ?

I'm playing on the 28th, so mine will get a try then.

havent been able to get to a game with it yet.  last week i was CQB, so couldnt take the 249, and this week i had another event that didnt finish until late last night, so i would have been in no fit state to attend a game today.

im thinking of booking on for next weekend as well, and will be taking "the beast" for a walk.

Taking mine tomorrow with the CO2 mag. Hopefullt it'll chrono ok.

I can however confirm that my modded box mag will take the adaptor fitted with 2 x 88g capsules 😁

O M G !!! if I may borrow the current vernacular , the CO2 mag was an absolute scream to use. Played 4 games today , 3 of them with the 249 and the 2 88g bulbs lasted the three games . I gassed out with about 5 minutes to go in the last one. Wasn't holding back either, much longer bursts then when I use the green gas mag. 

I recon I went through about 1500 rounds in total. If i use the co2 regularly I'll need more BB mags as I did run out in one game due to longer bursts and playing an offensive game. Otherwise , the range on the thing continues to amaze me , and the sound ! 

They'll ban 'em eventually 'cos they are too much fun ! 

On 28/07/2024 at 16:48, Nick G said:

O M G !!! if I may borrow the current vernacular , the CO2 mag was an absolute scream to use. Played 4 games today , 3 of them with the 249 and the 2 88g bulbs lasted the three games . I gassed out with about 5 minutes to go in the last one. Wasn't holding back either, much longer bursts then when I use the green gas mag. 

I recon I went through about 1500 rounds in total. If i use the co2 regularly I'll need more BB mags as I did run out in one game due to longer bursts and playing an offensive game. Otherwise , the range on the thing continues to amaze me , and the sound ! 

They'll ban 'em eventually 'cos they are too much fun ! 

Sounds promising, does it have a regulator and if so was it of any use?

22 hours ago, John boy said:

Sounds promising, does it have a regulator and if so was it of any use?

Has a gauge on it , but seems to be preset. The gun itself does have a release valve built in if pressure gets too high. I'd say that power wise it was about the same as on green, but snappier. 

Mine has always been pretty much on the site limit for where I play, I've finally got round to putting the NPAS in it today to give me a bit more headroom .

On 07/02/2024 at 17:36, Nick G said:

I have however fitted the DNA steel mag catch . It does feelmore robust than the stock one, and it also seems to have stopped the box mag gas block jumping loose. I can only think the 'lump' on the DNA catch might be more pronounced. I have yet to try it in a game though so we will see. When I play next I'll try it without the m3 screw that I normally fit to the mag well and see what happens.

Silly question as I can't get to mine at the mo - is it the port door or the ejection cover that is needed?

image.png.6925612a3732e38b737ccc89707e37cb.png

8 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Silly question as I can't get to mine at the mo - is it the port door or the ejection cover that is needed?

image.png.6925612a3732e38b737ccc89707e37cb.png

It's the Magazine port door that some of us have had a problem with. Locks the mag or gas block into place. Some of them seem to alow the gas block for the box mag to pop free. 

Mine hasn't done it since I fitted the dna part and It's getting alot of use !

The ejection port cover that is fitted is completely fine .

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rj1986 said:

SO mag port door arrived yesterday.

Is it just a pin punch out to swap them?

I seem to recal that there is a small 'E' clip on the shaft that needs to be removed first.

Yep, just checked mine. The clip is between the 'front' hinge tube of the cover and the tube on the mag feed port.

Edited by Nick G

It's a strange one, I know that lots of folk havn't had an issue with it. But mine did from day one with the box mag block. Always been fine with the STANAG though.

Was your box mag gas block popping out , or are you taking preventative measures ?

Yeah the stanag was tight to get in, but ok. The box mags just popped out after the shortest of bursts.

So I ordered the mag port and heat shield. I will try it out this weekend once i work out how im storing mags and the spare box-gas mag.

I just carry the spare mags in STANAG pouches. Mine are surpless ones so have a flap with velcro to close them.  Rather than carry a second box mag ( I've never emptied one in an hour game ) why not just carry a bottle of gas ? Probably quicker to top off the mag rather than trying to swap them in a game.

I did a small order and found these

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/viper-tactical-express-utility-pouch-large-22852-p.asp

are just a bit too small for the box mag, but with a squeeze can hold 4 stick mags in the internal pocket. If i got my 3d printer working, you could probably print something to keep them more rigid and upright.

These pouches

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/mil-tec-molle-belt-pouch-large-utility-23514-p.asp

fit a box mag very snug. Might need a bit of breaking in. But they too also hold the stick mags

IMG_8457.jpeg

IMG_8456.jpeg

IMG_8458.jpeg

Just thought id put it in the group before I list when it arrives. Have a brand new VFC M249 Rail kit ordered from bunnyworkshop. They were taking forever so claimed on PayPal didn’t hear for a while so ordered another from JKArmy. Just after what I paid basically which is about 65 quid. If anyone’s tempted ping me a message.