EC-202 - a nice looking HK 417 AEG

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This dropped into my inbox today, an ad for the EC-202 
https://www.taiwangun.com/sniper-rifle-aeg/ec-202-7-62mm-marksman-rifle-ec

image.png.32630e0323a94bd88ec7edc2cea7a97e.png

It's a bit pricey at £418, but I do like the looks and spec of it... the usual 416/417 aesthetics, the drum rear sight, the A5 style stock, the longer barrel and the 7.62 mag all add up to a very good looking gat.

I think (don't quote me on this) the gearbox uses their microswitch'd ETU which uses a magnet on the sector gear hmmmmm.  Not sure if that's the way forward, not seen anything about the long-term reliability.  Nice externals of course, but as you say pricey.

13 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

I think (don't quote me on this) the gearbox uses their microswitch'd ETU which uses a magnet on the sector gear hmmmmm.  Not sure if that's the way forward, not seen anything about the long-term reliability.  Nice externals of course, but as you say pricey.

That's an interesting set up. Reminds me of Ares with their tavor line. Can make upgrading or switching a bit more tricky.  All the same might make a nice base for a DMR build.

1 hour ago, DerDer said:

That's an interesting set up. Reminds me of Ares with their tavor line. Can make upgrading or switching a bit more tricky.  All the same might make a nice base for a DMR build.

My Ares VZ58 has the same setup; I believe it is common across many of their models.

• Supporters

Huh. TaiwanGuns got a massive markup for yall. Its literally half that here. 418 quid is about $530 USD right now. I wonder if theyll sell a tan version of the stock... Could use it on my VFC 417a2...

image.thumb.png.004e3a2b0b35e61d2db640b24b21746d.png

16 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

My Ares VZ58 has the same setup; I believe it is common across many of their models.

That makes sense, degree of standardisation. For all their faults, it's a company willing to make some unicorn replicas.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.