New to forum, help with selling please!

Dave K

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I've joined the site basically to sell my airsoft spring SIG pistol. Many years ago I used to do paintball at two locations in Surrey where I used to live, along with a group of likewise minded lads. Loved it. Anyway, I drew comics for years and used to buy airsoft guns as reference material, now I'm moving I want to sell on my SIG Sauer - but I know there are certain laws about posting (mail) etc and would appreciate a heads up on the do's and don't! I'm sure there is probably a guide on here, but any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Dave K

IMG_9387.jpeg

Edited by Dave K
spelling

Yes, its legal to sell it to anyone over 18 but if they do something stupid like walk into a bank with it then it may be traced back to you so do your best to make sure the buyer isn't a loony.

You'll be able to sell here in classifieds after interacting a bit with the forum.

Spring Pistols - Airsoft Forums UK (airsoft-forums.uk)

In the meantime why not post in appraisals section

Appraisals - Airsoft Forums UK (airsoft-forums.uk)

As above:

You as seller are responsible for sales.

A buyer of an IF/RIF airsoft gun must be aged 18

An IF is defined under the VCRA -( and yours does not meet that description.) You would need to paint it a bright colour, then could sell to any adult 

Yours is a RIF. It’s ‘realistic’, therefore the VCRA legislation applies to sales and you could face a large fine etc if you sold irresponsibly.

You are required to reasonably verify the buyers intent to use the RIF to play airsoft skirmishing on insured sites - the standard method is the buyer can show that they are UKARA registered (that they went to the effort of documenting 3 games across a set period of time 

Browse around the forum and interact as mentioned and you’ll get a fair idea of the needs 

In addition to airsoft there are a couple of other valid uses such as reenactment, museums and film making - but beware of made up defences 

10 hours ago, Tommikka said:

As above:

You as seller are responsible for sales.

etc

Thank you for the reply, I see I will have to be extra careful about who I sell to, I already knew if would have to be handled carefully due to the nature of the item.

• Supporters

Eh, if you do end up getting prosecuted for selling, it'll be the first time in a court of record.  There are airsoft retailers out there who are selling using a completely bogus defence, without the State taking an interest.  If the recipient makes sensible use of it, it'll never be an issue for you.

Posting is another issue. Every courier that I've looked into specifically prohibits sending firearms, or imitation or replica firearms.  The safest option appears to be Royal Mail / Parcel Force, who will  accept "low powered air weapons" (but not imitations, antiques, paint-ball or toy guns). Even then, the advice and requirements and compensation limits change depending on which guide you're reading, and whether you're asking Royal Mail, or Parcel Force.

Parcel Force, express48, presented at a Royal Mail counter, described as "low powered air weapon", and with your name and address on the package, are about as clear as I can make out today.

Other opinions and experiences are available. Personally, I just send via whatever courier is cheapest on the day, categorised a "sporting equipment" and hope for the best.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.