Anyone used Revolution Race hiking pants before?

Beorn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m getting into hiking a bit at the moment and am looking for a good hiking pant that might also be useful for airsoft once in a while. I’ve seen rave reviews about Revolution Race pants, but also a few which are quite critical of them in terms of fit in particular. Anyone else used them? They’re on the pricey side but there’s a sale on at the mo so considering whether to give them a try.

11 hours ago, Beorn said:

I’m getting into hiking a bit at the moment and am looking for a good hiking pant that might also be useful for airsoft once in a while. I’ve seen rave reviews about Revolution Race pants, but also a few which are quite critical of them in terms of fit in particular. Anyone else used them? They’re on the pricey side but there’s a sale on at the mo so considering whether to give them a try.

As someone who does a lot of hiking, I have never really understood the need for expensive hiking trousers; a pair of flecktarn shorts or DPM trousers do the job perfectly well.

Most hiking clothing is more about marketing than need.

2 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

As someone who does a lot of hiking, I have never really understood the need for expensive hiking trousers; a pair of flecktarn shorts or DPM trousers do the job perfectly well.

Agreed. Back when I was in my teens (insert grandpa Simpson meme here) I did the DofE hike and one of my team mates couldn't stop going on about his Gucci gortex trousers and how much better they were than the surplus ones I was using. By day 2 they were ruined including a huge rip from his knee to his crotch 

• Moderators

@Beorn, have a look at karrimor panther trousers, I've a few pairs in different colours, they're great for everyday use, my hiking days are on semi-permanent hold lol, but as a former sportsman I've got larger than average thighs, these trousers have plenty of stretch so won't pull or limit movement, a real bugbear of mine.

Just wish they did them in camo for gamedays🤔

4 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

I already have a few pairs of old dpm trousers that I could use in theory, but I'm specifically looking for something non-surplus/non-camo partly so I don't look or feel like such a scruffbag, but partly because it seemed like some of the features that hiking pants offer might be worth it. Whether that be that they can zip down into shorts, or have stretchy areas for better comfort, or breath-ability or whatever. Marketing be damned, if they'll make schlepping up some bastard of a hill a wee bit more comfy then I'm open to ideas haha. I've also heard good things about fjallraven hiking pants but again a little on the pricey side. Honestly what I'll likely do is trawl ebay for second hand deals and will wait to snap up something decent like some karrimors or craghoppers. I'm not really into buying new hyped up shit for no reason

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

@Beorn, have a look at karrimor panther trousers, I've a few pairs in different colours, they're great for everyday use, my hiking days are on semi-permanent hold lol, but as a former sportsman I've got larger than average thighs, these trousers have plenty of stretch so won't pull or limit movement, a real bugbear of mine.

Just wish they did them in camo for gamedays🤔

Thanks for the heads up on these, I'll check them out!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.