Compatibility question

axlefoley91

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This may sound like a basic question but I have an m4 that is of unknown brand (it has all been painted over by previous owner so can't even identify from any markings) and it has a serious crack in the lower receiver and I can't find one that looks the same so could I get any old lower receiver and put that on or not? Not sure if the gearbox and upper receiver are only limited to certain brands or if I can get away with any brand. IMG_20221017_125404.thumb.jpg.36426812437832e4200d1c93924855ef.jpg

As above, it looks like a KAC PDW. If the crack can't be fixed with super glue then the only other option is to replace the whole gun. Iirc the PDW is one of the more budget friendly models coming in at under £100

10 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Looks like an old D-Boys (now double bell ? ) KAC PDW . IIRC the Body is proprietary .

How the hell can you tell?

serious question.

41 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

How the hell can you tell?

serious question.

tell what ?

That’s it’s a KAC PDW clone ? 

because it looks like a KAC PDW , with no trade marks . The original by VFC had fairly deep engravings if I recall .

d-boys clone over WE AEG clone - smooth grip on the D-boys , dimpled on the WE .

the rear takedown pin position is slightly different to the later versions so I’m going out on a limb and saying it’s an earlier version ( maybe even not D-Boys but someone like Galaxy ? ) 

also Fire selector looks off . 

memory is a bit hazy though , it’s been over 10yrs since I had hands on one .

Ok , now I’m looking properly Look really closely at the magwell , there is some light trademarks / engraving there , 

9CB36656-8AB8-4121-9AE6-67E3AAE8B797.jpeg.c9816872c893919c5b570e7e261038e9.jpeg

here’s a review from 2010 

https://www.popularairsoft.com/reviews/dboys-kac-personal-defense-weapon-pdw

60607E3A-A468-4328-A795-C5A9D72AAEC6.thumb.jpeg.38d16b00b60b5125ea23b0a3b5275368.jpeg

It’s possible that you take a PDW lower from a different manufacturer and make it work… but that requires both luck and skill.

Airsoft is absolutely horrible where tolerances and standards are concerned.

I’m currently adapting a 20 year old Classic Army M4A1 upper to fit a Tokyo Marui lower. I feel your pain.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.