New to Airsoft

7Rz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, I am new to airsoft and I need some help. 

My uncle passed a few years ago and he had passed me down some money. Using this money, I bought a two tone Raven EU17 Gen 5 GBB pistol last month. I repainted the slider from the light blue to a deep purple / blue paint, kind of like a darker neochrome but is visibly purple or blue.

I was planning on buying a rifle in two tone next month as I have wanted to play airsoft for a few years now but lost my job during Covid. I wanted to practice and get familiar at home as I have never shot a gun, paintball gun or air/airsoft gun before. I have been following Youtubers and talking with friends online so I know about safety and how to maintain an airsoft gun properly.

However (long story short) my mother in law (unknown to me and my girlfriend) was selling class As and got arrested. Then they entered the property with a warrant when I wasn't at home and took my airsoft GBB pistol due to nature of the arrest. 

So far, they know it is mine as I told them. Nothing internal was modifed such as springs and no add-ons like a scope or a tracer was added.

The GBB pistol was not in plain sight, the magazine was not inside of the GBB either.

Also note, I have never been arrested or in trouble with Police.

When I bought the GBB, I also bought a small tub of BBs and a target net that holds paper targets and have only fired into that. 

I need some advice on how to go about this with the Police. Please help.

Note: the pictures are of a metal lid from a jar I had tested the paint on before the GBB had arrived.

Another note : I have not been flashing the GBB off to people and it has not left the house before. 

Screenshot_20230512_162749_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Screenshot_20230512_162741_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Edited by 7Rz
Made it neater

The way the police are at the moment I would say a big wad of wonga should help 😂😂

On a serious note I suspect the police will tell you how it's going to go. 

If all is as you have told us then I can't really see that you wil be frogmarched to the tower! 🤞

2 minutes ago, Shamal said:

The way the police are at the moment I would say a big wad of wonga should help 😂😂

On a serious note I suspect the police will tell you how it's going to go. 

If all is as you have told us then I can't really see that you wil be frogmarched to the tower! 🤞

Thank you, as I am never the one to be in trouble I found it to be quite a scary experience with no knowing how to go about it. I will see what they have to say then. I appreciate the reply man! 

2 hours ago, 7Rz said:

So far, they know it is mine as I told them.

Do you have any evidence to back this up, eg a receipt? This would help prove it's yours

• Supporters

Personally I'd write off the chance of getting your pistol back, chalk it down to experience & life lessons, & be more focused on finding a new gf & mum in law, as the ones you've got sound like a liability & definitely not "keepers" 😏

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.