Inner Barrel Length

softair

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, BigStew said:

My mate played the Mall with an Stock Ares WA2000. 

Brilliant! Actually...I may have been there for that!

10 hours ago, Lozart said:

That's just marketing bullshit and spandex boy hype. When my main site was The Mall (too soon, RIP), I would regularly play with full length M4s, a SCAR-L, an M249 (no, really - it was hilarious). I've seen people playing with M14s (granted, the SOCOM short barrel ones but still).

Unless you're playing in a broom cupboard, 100mm vs 200mm is completely moot. Get the long one.

I frequently take my VSR and m700 to CQB sites. 1.1J bolt actions are clearly the superior choice for close quarters!

On 09/05/2023 at 04:33, ak2m4 said:

Never heard this before.  I speak with the E&C and CYMA reps all the time.  Nothing suggests this since the designs / molds are quite different from model to model.  

Alright, I did some research and dug up the various posts I've read--I have a rep for MOS saying that E&C manufactures some models but not others, but I was wrong about the spring guides being identical. A couple of the parts look similar, but certainly not enough to say that E&C is the OEM, so I'll go ahead and say you're right. I'm glad you were able to point that out. My mistake y'all!

Edited by Leo Greer

On 08/05/2023 at 13:14, ak2m4 said:

at 110mm you're going to struggle getting enough air for sufficient power, you'll have to compensate with a stronger spring leading to more stress on the gearbox.  it's not impossible of course but comes with risks.  

To add to this, as we're all not 100% certain of Evolution's quality, the G&G Firehawk is a good example to use. The Firehawk has a 120mm inner barrel and it compensates for this by having an M130 spring in it, which is a hugely powerful spring for an AEG.

My son's Firehawk has shot over 100,000 BB's in its 2 1/2 year lifespan, the gearbox shell and gears are fine, but I'm seeing wear on the piston teeth now to the point where I really need to replace it.

Also he's now running a 200mm inner barrel and uses 0.28g BB's, with a suppressor and outer barrel extension to hide it, so the stumpy CQB nature of it is gone (and it's a better performing AEG for it).

8 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

Alright, I did some research and dug up the various posts I've read--I have a rep for MOS saying that E&C manufactures some models but not others, but I was wrong about the spring guides being identical. A couple of the parts look similar, but certainly not enough to say that E&C is the OEM, so I'll go ahead and say you're right. I'm glad you were able to point that out. My mistake y'all!

I did ask the ec rep about it and she just laughed and said "no".  However you never really know with Chinese companies which are under very strict operating laws, I wouldn't be surprised.

What's MOS btw?

3 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

I did ask the ec rep about it and she just laughed and said "no".  However you never really know with Chinese companies which are under very strict operating laws, I wouldn't be surprised.

What's MOS btw?

MOS Manufacture--E&L and Arcturus.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.