Tokyo marui equivalent?

Gunner91

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As for gbbr and pistols who comes close or beats tm in terms of reliability and performance? Is there any point looking at WE or amourer works? Or say GHK? Aftermarket parts is also important. 

Nothing comes close to TM in terms of GBB(R), soz.

Not if you’re looking at the full package;

Reliability

Cold weather performance 

Accuracy

Range

Parts

Upgrades

To be honest, I’ve only heard good things about VFC’s gbbr’s

TM’s MWS is obviously great out of the box, but doesn’t stop folk dropping £££’s on squeezing and extra few fps & meters out of it.

I run a Ghk M4 , and it’s superb in temps in the teens and higher, I can’t answer what it’s like in the cold as I haven’t tried it and run an aeg in colder months

I can only speak to my VFC HK416.   It's a wonderful RIF in terms of feel and build quality.   As for performance, I'm not sure yet - haven't actually taken it out for a skirmish or shot more than a few BBs at proper range through it (I expect this to change this coming weekend). 
From what I've seen of it so far, the recoil is amazing, but the power tends to be a bit variable.  I suspect absolute performance will therefore be less impressive than the MWS. 
I've also seen some good review videos, including Bada Bing's excellent direct comparison between this and the MWS.   The MWS definitely wins out on full-auto as it's less prone to cool-down effects in cold weather.  (My gun is great in short bursts at room temperature but I've not personally tried mag-dumps or properly low temp shooting yet)

I'd therefore pull this conclusion out of my ass, see if you like the cut of its jib:

VFCs can be seen right now knocking around in the classifieds for a nice discount on the new price.  MWS's tend to hold their value better, I think.

That means you can maybe pick up a VFC with ~80% of the performance for maybe only 50-60% of the price.   That might seem like a good deal to you - it certainly does to me - but if you want the best performance then you have to pay (over the odds) for it.    So that's a decision for you.   
The MWS is the better RIF, but the VFC (and no doubt similar guns from other manufacturers) will be better value.

Edit:. Having a squizz at the MWS thread suggests they're not immune from problems either.  GBBRs are maybe a bit 'more art than science'...? 😋

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

12 hours ago, Gunner91 said:

As for gbbr and pistols who comes close or beats tm in terms of reliability and performance? Is there any point looking at WE or amourer works? Or say GHK? Aftermarket parts is also important. 

Biggest issue with marui pistols are that they've got plastic slides and using higher pressure gases can and will crack your slide (it's manufactured for duster gas). Mileage may vary. Out of the box they're the best gas pistols in my opinion. Also, it depends on your chosen platform. If you fancy a Glock a VFC could be an alternative as well.

Reliability depends on so many things but I would be more considered about knowing the OEM and able to buy parts if I have to. There is no point buy a replica which I can't fix.

GHK's QC on the bottom right now according to everyone so I would avoid it or try to find previous batches from years back if we talk about M4/AK.

Also, worth to mention that jumping into GBBR without doing your research is highly unrecommended because it's not practical in many ways and gets expensive very fast.

Edited by Krisz

The TM slides being made of plastic is not an ‘issue’.

The only ones that break were the old Glock series IF you were running gas that was too powerful.

All TMs run on all gasses, just don’t be stupid and run black or propane in the summer!

KWA GBBs can match TM in my opinion. I have a KWA mp9 and it's amazingly reliable and performs well, similar to both my MWS and AKM (though I think the AKM shoots the best of the three)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.