TM slide stops and unreinforced plastic slides.

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know later TM pistols no longer chew up their slides, but for those earlier models that do is it possible to glue in a small piece of metal to protect the slide from being eaten? Not everyone wants to put a full metal slide on a Marui.

I ask because I am tempted to buy the little TM Glock26  but don't have a  clue how long the slide will last, even on 144a gas.

Do the 1911 range also suffer from this problem?

Edited by emilianoksa

Related question, how many people always use the slide release? I feel like that carves away at the slide. As such I mostly pull the slide back and let the slide release drop before releasing the slide. 

Probably not a lot, Stew.

Good point, Mr Magnon. In fact I never use the slide stop to release the slide.

Thanks to you both for answering my question. Buy the gun and leave it alone  would appear to be the sensible choice.

2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

I know later TM pistols no longer chew up their slides, but for those earlier models that do is it possible to glue in a small piece of metal to protect the slide from being eaten? Not everyone wants to put a full metal slide on a Marui.

I ask because I am tempted to buy the little TM Glock26  but don't have a  clue how long the slide will last, even on 144a gas.

Do the 1911 range also suffer from this problem?

Well, no one knows exactly how much gas you neeed to crack a plastic slide but cracking a plastic slide on green gas is defo easier than on duster. You can still buy and use blue gas on it if you aren't satisfied with duster. HPA is the best because you decide your own pressure but it doesn't come cheap.

TM pistols are real workhorses as long as you keep in mind that plastic slides aren't manufactured for green gas.

You should check G26 Advance before you jump into a G26. From Rainbow8 you can still get it for a reasonable price but it takes some time to arrive. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.