Posting Airsoft kit, guns, and accessories

1967PF44

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is the sort of post that needs to be copied and pasted everytime someome asks on the Facebook groups 

Because I'm absolutely fed up with the prats who say "well I've always used hermes or DHL ect and never had a problem and it only costs me £4 and I tell them its a plant pot"

Those people need a swift kick in the dick 

• Supporters

44 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

That's why I left almost all airsoft groups on faceache. Too many stupid people

I did the same, unfortunately I've had to stick with a few site groups just to see what's coming up, but even then I still despair about some of the crap people post up. 

Thank feck for this place👍🍻

Thanks for the info OP. 

People in the post office often don't know that sending guns is allowed but under some extra conditions since there's a picture of a gun on their prohibited items poster. 

This is the parcel force page that explains the rules around it and I've had to show it to the person working at the post office on occasion.

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/prohibitions-and-restrictions

It currently says:

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

1. These items must be sent on an express48 service only
  2. These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
  3. Enhanced compensation cover is not available

On 30/12/2022 at 18:07, 1967PF44 said:

however my experience and it is extensive over 200 RIFs now shipped - 3 damaged in transit, no losses, 1 incoming seized by Rm and destroyed, 1 sent seized and destroyed by RM.

Can you tell the story of what happened to these two RIFs? I'd be interested to learn.

1 hour ago, Herrgh said:

Can you tell the story of what happened to these two RIFs? I'd be interested to learn.

Yup - fairly short story - the incoming one was sent to me with a mag in the gun- sender insisted the mag was empty and not under pressure - however it was detecting in scanning at Edinburgh Airport mail centre, -sent to Belfast -Royal Mail Dangerous Goods and firearms inspection centre, where the examiner would not even examine the gun due to mag in - destroyed - no right of appeal ! 

outgoing one is more complex, but again detected during mail

scanning at Edinburgh airport- originally seized as suspect “firearm” incoming one was seized for “compressed gasses” - Again taken to Belfast where it was examined and passed the initial examination for “firearms” and assessed correctly to be an “Airsoft gun”  it was released - but then re seized (not sure where this happens and no one could explain) and found to have “compressed gas” in one of the mags - I guarantee it was empty when sent - however again destroyed and appeal was found in favour of RM

On 01/01/2023 at 08:57, Danno46 said:

What is never mentioned but probably should be is posting lipo batteries

They are an absolute minefield 

And that’s why they are not mentioned - the rules are not clear - because you can send them “connected” to an “electronic device” along with one set of spares as Long as they are new and in original new retail packaging. 

the last time I looked it then went on to say that you you can “never”

send “used” lipo 

so it gets very confusing- I could not get RM dangerous goods team to even confirm where or not an AEG was an “electronic device”- they allow batteries connected to RC cars, which are far more volatile 

I don’t mind being responsible for giving postal advice lol, but I didn’t want to venture into lipo posting advice that even the RM staff can’t agree on lol 

Yes it’s a minefield I work for an Airline in Logistics and the amount of hassle we have trying to send li~po and Li~ion batteries, if they are connected to the item I.e your iPhone or Laptop we can only despatch them if the battery is under 30% charged, if it’s just the battery on its own it then falls into a whole new category with even more restrictions. 

Makes me chuckle when you watch on YT people unboxing Mystery boxes and they start pulling out batteries , smoke grenades ,all in the same box ! 

“Makes me chuckle when you watch on YT people unboxing Mystery boxes and they start pulling out batteries , smoke grenades ,all in the same box ! “

These are sent by courier - the retailer usually has a special agreed terms account 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.