Has anyone bought from SWIT airsoft?

Alexdima579

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

From watching Kicking Mustangs videos I believe they're from the states.

They seem to send him some decent stuff every now and then.

Edited by leadly

I used them a few years ago, buying a KWA Ronin TK45c when they'd just been released. From what I remember the service from Taiwan was decent (a couple of weeks) but, despite the price of the gun seeming to be a bargain, the £96 customs charge meant I could've bought from a UK seller quicker and cheaper. 

On 30/12/2022 at 20:42, C-Diddy said:

I used them a few years ago, buying a KWA Ronin TK45c when they'd just been released. From what I remember the service from Taiwan was decent (a couple of weeks) but, despite the price of the gun seeming to be a bargain, the £96 customs charge meant I could've bought from a UK seller quicker and cheaper. 

Is there a way to calculate how much the tariffs/customs charge will be or if there's are rates or something?

48 minutes ago, Alexdima579 said:

Is there a way to calculate how much the tariffs/customs charge will be or if there's are rates or something?

Somebody more enlightened than me may have more information, but I think it's based on the VAT value of whatever you're bringing into the country, and a handling fee.

2 hours ago, Alexdima579 said:

2 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Somebody more enlightened than me may have more information, but I think it's based on the VAT value of whatever you're bringing into the country, and a handling fee.

Under new regulations if an overseas seller registers with HMRC they can charge UK VAT, and it just becomes a slower delivery across borders 

(They declare appropriate references on the customs documents and pay HMRC)

If not then they charge you their sale price and overseas postage, it arrives at the border via a carriers handling centre, the carrier check the declarations and send you as importer an import VAT bill of 20% of the item valuation (which may be the invoice amount or may be revalued for the UK) plus the carrier add their handling fee (which could be a fixed fee or could be a percentage)

There is also likely to be VCRA validation of your defence to import a RIF

Customs/Border Force may inspect, but most items just get handled by authorised carriers 

As if by magic, here's the breakdown on a delivery I've just received from Platatac. 

Despite this being a third or fourth order from them, it's the only time I've paid a Custom's charge.

20230104_125638.thumb.jpg.d704785130c08135bb94d69e44af3d5d.jpg 

On 04/01/2023 at 13:08, C-Diddy said:

As if by magic, here's the breakdown on a delivery I've just received from Platatac. 

Despite this being a third or fourth order from them, it's the only time I've paid a Custom's charge.

20230104_125638.thumb.jpg.d704785130c08135bb94d69e44af3d5d.jpg 

On 04/01/2023 at 00:02, Tommikka said:

Under new regulations if an overseas seller registers with HMRC they can charge UK VAT, and it just becomes a slower delivery across borders 

(They declare appropriate references on the customs documents and pay HMRC)

If not then they charge you their sale price and overseas postage, it arrives at the border via a carriers handling centre, the carrier check the declarations and send you as importer an import VAT bill of 20% of the item valuation (which may be the invoice amount or may be revalued for the UK) plus the carrier add their handling fee (which could be a fixed fee or could be a percentage)

There is also likely to be VCRA validation of your defence to import a RIF

Customs/Border Force may inspect, but most items just get handled by authorised carriers 

Cheers guy! To be honest I think I'm gonna skip on buying airsoft kit from abroad (other than mags utility stuff and clothing, it sounds like way more trouble than it's worth

I get the temptation, especially given the supply problems we've had over the last 12 months or so, but yeah, for guns I try to stick to UK retailers. 

Gear on the other hand 👀

SWIT are rather... Variable.

I've known people that bought from them with absolutely no issues multiple times, however my only experience with them was purchasing a Kar98K.

I paid the cheapest shipping, like they said to do then got an email to confirm payment etc. A week on, no information on the shipping, sent them an email and waited about a week for a response telling me I needed to pay nearly half of the shipping (Which was about another £50 iirc) I'd already paid to have the rifle dispatched. I asked them to cancel the order and refund at this point, which then never happened. I had to go through Paypal to get my money back, and refuse to use them after that which is a shame as they have some nice stuff.

As for location, they're in Taiwan.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.