Reducing Trigger Pull - Easy CNC Trigger job ?

Point Two Balls

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

My step son CQB's with me, but as he's a little dude, he doesn't like how far he has to pull the trigger on his CYMA.

Is fitting a CNC trigger the cheapest easiest option?

Cheers,

Pat.

• Supporters

the typical trigger pull bodge on a v2 box is to tap a hole in the gearbox casing behind the trigger and put a grub screw in.

essentially lets you adjust the trigger as if it's being pre-pulled.

however there are 2 downsides;

-first is the safety, which you can either be patient and file down, or be impatient and remove. personally i don't see much problem given making an airsoft pew "safe" involves pulling the mag and clearing the chamber, and if you're in-game you're gonna be on fire anyway.

-second is the trigger mech, the above method works really well when there's an internal mosfet or contact that means you can adjust the trigger to literal hair-width levels of pull, but with a mechanical trigger unit you're only gonna be able to go so far back before the trolley won't reset properly.

Following on from Hamster that rifles bound to have a completely mechanical trigger, so this sort of setup...

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/trigger-switches/ec-trigger-switch-v2-rear-wired

... and getting a very short trigger pull will be challenging with the mechanical contacts.

It's easy to say if you have the money and the skills, but swapping my son's G&G Firehawk to a GATE Titan and Maxx Model trigger massively improved the gun, and the trigger pull now is very short (by adjusting the trigger and the Titan's settings). As I said though it's not cheap, and comes quite close to say the cost of a brand new Double Eagle M900 that already has an optical controller and some trigger sensitivity adjustment.

Hi Guys.

Great advice and I get it all now after knowing what to look for.

I like the sound of drilling and tapping the gear box under and behind the trigger and reducing the pre-engagement as a cheap fix, but I know get the whole mosfet thing as well (never fully understood it before).

So a cheap ish mosfet like a Gate Astor and an adjustable trigger like a MAXX cnc one would give me a hair trigger and ability to use a better battery and make the gun last longer if not abused.

So for less than £100, I ignited be able to do this, and if the rest of the gun gives up (it’s a £100 CYMA after all), I’d still have the mosfet and trigger to fit to a new gun.

Sound ok?

Cheers,

Pat.

• Supporters

Sure, although that's a lot to drop on a plastic CYMA.  I have a CM5xx, it's solid internally, but given the toytown plastics, I wouldn't spent much on it. It's more of a great starter/backup gun, or for trying out things like the grub screw method.

The easiest and cheapest way to get an easier trigger pull is this...

fuck-you-middle-finger.gif

No, bear with me: middle finger trigger pull used to be taught by the FBI and police academies for "point shooting" with revolvers.  There are solid arguments against it in real steel - weak grip, harder to maintain trigger discipline - which don't apply to airsoft AEGs.  I'm a natural airsoft middle fingerer, and would recommend giving it a try.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.