Straight pull bolt sniper

Guest Lord loki

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 25/11/2022 at 09:08, BigStew said:

i was getting 60m hits at the range with 0.28g BBs. grouping wasn't great but they all hit a torso sized target on a stock gun. i only got rid of it as the POS scope couldn't be zeroed for left hand use. 

That's good enough for me. And yeah the PSO is slightly offset isn't it?

As much as I like him (especially for a 'Tuber), House Gamers just did a video that demonstrates everything I hate about straight pull:

Could shoot that way faster than a DMR

18 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

That's good enough for me. And yeah the PSO is slightly offset isn't it?

yes. all the scope mounts available for the svd is right hand bias.

4 hours ago, Impulse said:

As much as I like him (especially for a 'Tuber), House Gamers just did a video that demonstrates everything I hate about straight pull:

Could shoot that way faster than a DMR

That's exactly the chap/gun I was referring to. It's broken really isn't it?

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

Yup, if he's shooting it at his field's bolt action power levels then you can <ackchyually> rules lawyer it all day long, but let's be honest, he's breaking the first rule of airsoft, and nothing else matters after that.

I'd be OK with it being used with next-level-down rules, whether that's DMR power and rate of fire, or regular AEG levels if the site doesn't allow DMRs (and I don't think sites should because they're also super exploitable).

24 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

Yeah, can shoot that faster than I fire my 1.1J semi-auto sniper builds and his point about movement of pulling the bolt is false; I use HPA and gas snipers and you can pull the bolt with wrist movement alone so it's really not very pronounced anyway. If you can't pull a gas or HPA bolt without people spotting the movement... get better at doing it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.