Plate Carriers with Pouches

Unreal Warfare

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to replace my old British Army desert camo assault vest (it's not really suitable for woodland or urban skirmishes). I'm considering a plate carrier with pouches. 

One option I am thinking of is the Warrior CPC PCR Covert Plate Carrier Multicam Combo with Pathfinder Chest Rig.

Are there's better options out there at that price range, or cheaper?

Edited by Unreal Warfare
Grammar

Unless you are really sold on a plate carrier (for maybe running weighted plates) I would look at a chest rig. All the carrying capacity but not a sweaty

Warrior pathfinder is a nice (for M4 mags) I love my SADF M83 as it can take M4 or AK mags and two grenades or radio & grenade/spares. Plus they are only about £55.

If you are considering a chest rig rather than a plate carrier, I can thoroughly recommend this one: https://www.flecktarn.co.uk/odtmb2nx.html

Very comfortable and practical. I've been through a few setups of plate carriers and battle belts, and this is IMO the perfect compromise between the two if you like to run relatively lightweight.

The pathfinder rig is fine if you only want to run stanag mags but if you fancy a change at some point you might be better off looking at rigs that use an insert system or a plate carrier that uses placards sp pouches can be changed.

If you go for plate carrier it's certainly worth paying for a better one over clones and cheapest ad they carry and spread loads better and vent heat better.

I have a warrior rpc and love it. I do run weighted plates in it. 

I do have both plate carrier and chest rigs and they both have their place. Think about how you want it to function and what you want fit wise. 

Something like the ops minimo could be a good start and if you want a plate carrier then the placard system is interchangeable.

Picked up the following on eBay for a decent price. Here's hoping it's all good when it arrives! 🙂 

•Condor Sentry Plate Carrier in Crye MultiCam
•Condor Triple M4/M16 Mag Pouch (holds 6) in Crye MultiCam 
•Dummy plastic plate x1

851715F5-9742-40C4-AD2E-D18F10120182.jpeg

Edited by Unreal Warfare
Added spec and picture.

Have you thought of a modular plate carrier, so you can change the pouches if you change RIFS.  I run a JPC structural plate carrier, which I have different front panels for what I am using.  Just one way to get more of your carrier and also future proofs you.

• Supporters
On 28/07/2022 at 08:13, concretesnail said:

The pathfinder rig is fine if you only want to run stanag mags but if you fancy a change at some point you might be better off looking at rigs that use an insert system or a plate carrier that uses placards sp pouches can be changed.

If you go for plate carrier it's certainly worth paying for a better one over clones and cheapest ad they carry and spread loads better and vent heat better.

I have a warrior rpc and love it. I do run weighted plates in it. 

I do have both plate carrier and chest rigs and they both have their place. Think about how you want it to function and what you want fit wise. 

Something like the ops minimo could be a good start and if you want a plate carrier then the placard system is interchangeable.

That plate carrier does use placards. The pathfinder attaches to the clips that the placards would use.

16 hours ago, Lozart said:

That plate carrier does use placards. The pathfinder attaches to the clips that the placards would use.

The covert doesn't have clips, it's a smooth front and the straps from the pathfinder are retained. There is hook panel on the back which helps it to hold still.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, concretesnail said:

The covert doesn't have clips, it's a smooth front and the straps from the pathfinder are retained. There is hook panel on the back which helps it to hold still.

I stand corrected!

8 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I stand corrected!

It's a mistake I nearly made when buying mine ;). Had an rpc in the end and it's great.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.