Mini/Small chest rigs for 3x 7.62 AK mags?

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 27/05/2022 at 20:03, Floperator said:

Bought one of these on the back of this recommendation and I have to say I'm v. impressed so far- obviously I'll need to do a game day in it to see for sure, but it feels like the perfect compromise between battle belt and chest rig.

There's enough inbuilt storage that I don't really need to have a ton of pouches hanging off it either.

Just done a full game day in this rig and it's bloody SUPERB. Comfortable from start to finish. No rubbing or chafing.

Only complaint is that it can be a bit tricky getting mags back in the pouches when you've got it on, but that's why I have a dump pouch.

Going to sell off all my other rigs and try and track one down in black (or dye a green one).

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Floperator said:

Just done a full game day in this rig and it's bloody SUPERB. Comfortable from start to finish. No rubbing or chafing.

Only complaint is that it can be a bit tricky getting mags back in the pouches when you've got it on, but that's why I have a dump pouch.

Going to sell off all my other rigs and try and track one down in black (or dye a green one).

Is the issue the pouches behind the cumberband ? 

I never use mine(I'd probably only use them as extra space if I was running a shit load of realcaps), I can see they'd be an issue, probably the only weak spot on the rig, I just mount shingles on the face. 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I just mount shingles on the face. 

Wot??

Shingles on the face is not nice☹️

12 hours ago, Tackle said:

Is the issue the pouches behind the cumberband ? 

I never use mine(I'd probably only use them as extra space if I was running a shit load of realcaps), I can see they'd be an issue, probably the only weak spot on the rig, I just mount shingles on the face. 

Yeah those ones, I'm happy to use them as it's quite comfortable and I'm liking how streamlined the rig is without loads of pouches hanging off it, though I may try a few different setups.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Floperator said:

Yeah those ones, I'm happy to use them as it's quite comfortable and I'm liking how streamlined the rig is without loads of pouches hanging off it, though I may try a few different setups.

You might find fitting magpuls on your mags improves the access ? 

28 minutes ago, Tackle said:

You might find fitting magpuls on your mags improves the access ? 

Nah getting them out is easy, it's just a fiddle getting them back in. Also I run dirty hi-caps...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Floperator said:

Also I run dirty hi-caps...

#MeToo, most of the time, nuff room in magpuls to get your finger to the winding wheel, even with gloves on. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.