Snipers looking for the new TM VSR ONE?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Guest changed the title to Snipers looking for the new TM VSR ONE?

Plonked a scope & bipod on from elsewhere , a little dumpy / cheapy silencer and away we go for garden plinking / testing .

.30’s flying nice and straight with minimal hop over my 25mtr test area . 

7F93F67F-F0BE-453E-ACB6-E9C1CA444ECC.thumb.jpeg.8e2e2e6838b62cfbfd4b42c59a3df472.jpegAF3A888D-E5F9-4776-8CAF-A38DDD26D97A.thumb.jpeg.4d4dbf3faaca9d243046ec5594f71b2b.jpeg

22yrs of plastic death collecting & playing  and this is my first VSR :o 

• Supporters

What's the "ootb" fps

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

What's the "ootb" fps

0.8J as per TM standard.

Cool gimmick stock but it's still a TM vsr, with an utter wank 45° trigger and a cylinder that needs drilling to access.

• Supporters

That's a shame, surely TM's worldwide market exceeds its Japan home market, & especially when it comes to snipers, they'd cater for it ? 

14 minutes ago, Tackle said:

That's a shame, surely TM's worldwide market exceeds its Japan home market, & especially when it comes to snipers, they'd cater for it ? 

As said , it was to be expected as it’s been this way since day one with TM  it’s not exactly an expensive RIF ( clue is in the name ) in the grand scheme of things and for those that can a few upgrades can get it up a bit higher if need be . 

20 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Tm specifically dosent make their guns for export. Its one of the reasons they can put trade marks on their guns without licensing. In Japanese law if you are only making a product for sale in japan you can use other peoples logos and such no issue. If they started making them for export they wouldn't be able to use h&k trades and such. Thats as far as I understand it.  Take that with a pinch of salt. I may be wrong. Third party companies buy from tm and export for them so if they started making higher fps versions that would mean they are making versions for export and would lose that protection.

Edited by HuttArmouries

I've been watching a Japanese airsofters YouTube channel and it's quite interesting to learn how they play. From what I understand, the majority of their sites are CQB. Even outdoors they run around a village type area or between shipping containers etc. Also they only have three different BB weights, 0.20's, 0.25's and 0.28's. The last of which can only be used if they're in a bolt action rifle. I don't think they have any MED, so they're happy if they can reach 30M with their bolties.

TM have been regarded as one of the top Airsoft manufacturers for a very long time and are obviously successful/content the way things are. Why mess with that formula.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I've been watching a Japanese airsofters YouTube channel and it's quite interesting to learn how they play. From what I understand, the majority of their sites are CQB. Even outdoors they run around a village type area or between shipping containers etc. Also they only have three different BB weights, 0.20's, 0.25's and 0.28's. The last of which can only be used if they're in a bolt action rifle. I don't think they have any MED, so they're happy if they can reach 30M with their bolties.

TM have been regarded as one of the top Airsoft manufacturers for a very long time and are obviously successful/content the way things are. Why mess with that formula.

I don't disagree, & I'm happy on single shot all day long.....

BUT I wouldn't be using a boltie on anything even slightly resembling a cqb site, for me an airsoft basr needs to fill the same role as its real steel equivalent, ideally without me having to spend 3 times it's value on "upgrades" ? 

I just want too reach out and touch someone 😉

sfqjv.jpg

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

BUT I wouldn't be using a boltie on anything even slightly resembling a cqb site

Funny enough, I have a CQB bolt action in the works :D more like a wallhanger/plinker kind of gun, but still :P

34 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I don't disagree, & I'm happy on single shot all day long.....

BUT I wouldn't be using a boltie on anything even slightly resembling a cqb site, for me an airsoft basr needs to fill the same role as its real steel equivalent, ideally without me having to spend 3 times it's value on "upgrades" ? 

I just want too reach out and touch someone 😉

sfqjv.jpg

CQB bolties are hot right now 

2F8D6DEF-4B66-4E58-8CEC-89D5762A6B6D.thumb.jpeg.f355d517f9193ad6d17f57a294c77422.jpeg

bit more than 230fps though 😭

3 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

CQB bolties are hot right now 

2F8D6DEF-4B66-4E58-8CEC-89D5762A6B6D.thumb.jpeg.f355d517f9193ad6d17f57a294c77422.jpeg

bit more than 230fps though 😭

I'd love to see an airsoft Mini Fix!!!!!!

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Skara said:

I'd love to see an airsoft Mini Fix!!!!!!

Wots a mini fix ? 🤔

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Skara said:

8 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

I like it 😍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.