barrel, hop, and rubber question

SoupyXo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

It's the closest to one that sellers have got, although a Home Office circular phrased as little better than an opinion by some rando is very thin gruel.

UKARA was in all honesty a very very smart move at the time, pre-empting the HO and negating the need for them to create their own system. But its more a way of minimising the need for the law to get involved than a law itself.

And it seems to be working, I can't knock it for that.

Er, purchase and private possession isn't an offence.  If you can get your hands on it, job done.

Kind of my point, though I phrased it badly.

Or modify an IF into a RIF. Yup, and I'd argue that since the permitted activity is future use that having game days booked satisfies that intent more than having played in the past.

For sure, but say you find yourself in the unfortunate position of having to prove that intent at some point, it may be nice to be able to say Look I have a UKARA number or have a game day booked etc., but really you've either done something stupid or not, and if it's the former then having a number isn't going to help you. 

17 hours ago, Lozart said:

The Warhead has the ESC built in to the housing, an RC motor is designed to run continuously not in VERY short burts so requires a different performance envelope and more importantly is still in its infancy in the airsoft market.

i didn't know the esc was built in to the can, there's barely any documentation or ''real'' specifications, because as someone mentioned in an earlier comment, people are scared they'll be copied

• Supporters
11 hours ago, SoupyXo said:

i didn't know the esc was built in to the can, there's barely any documentation or ''real'' specifications, because as someone mentioned in an earlier comment, people are scared they'll be copied

There's a lot of marketing spiel on their website that shows an exploded view of the motor and mentions the built in ESC, but you're right there's precious little actual information about them. That said there's three parts of fuck all info available from ANY airsoft manufacturer about their motors (or anything else to be honest). I was actually looking for things like the Kv ratings to try and compare RC with airsoft to see if that might also highlight the cost disparity but as you rightly say, there's no info.

I think part of the problem is that most airsofters have zero clue about all this kind of stuff (my background is in controls and instrumentation so I have a base knowledge of motors and servos) and really don't care beyond "herp a derp, ARP goes BRRRRRR"!

• Supporters

Could be down to objective reality versus perception.

With RC racing, you can't kid yourself that your toy is the fasterest ever when it gets left in the dust over and over.

With airsoft, every laser-shot out to 150m is definitely a hit, and it's just those OMG CHEETARS that keep your confirmed kill count down to numbers that humans can conceptualise.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.