Sound amplifier for a wannabe Firehawk owner

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is sort-of harking back to that brilliant "show me where the G&G Firehawk touched you" pic/meme, I would have posted to that thread if I could find it... but it was pretty good timing as I just received a King Arms sound amplifier that I bought from Socom Tactical's boneyard section.

I have to say I'm a disappointed.  Basically it sounds no different to having nothing on the gun at all (I tested with my Double Eagle M906, 0.20g BBs at ~330fps I think)   Whereas the Firehawk is a head-turning 'crack' with every shot.  My plan was to get something similar to to aid in suppressing when I'm running at the enemy - where have I gone wrong?

Is the King Arms amp in the boneyard because it's... rubbish? 

Is the Sound Hog on eBay worth a go?

Are all amplifiers rubbish - except the one fitted on the Firehawk (and presumably tuned to the barrel length, air volume etc)...?

(And why do all videos of amps - even the Firehawk - make them all sound weedy... is it video encoding / compression / Youtube protecting our delicate lug-holes?  It makes reviews of amps a bit pointless)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

you mean this?

Xpl3UJ4.jpg

I knocked it up in 30 seconds on a random meme generator website.

To get the best Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt II feeling you need massive overvoluming for starters, which the Firehawk/ARP guns do very well with their silly short barrels.

Then, if you can find it, an ARP plastic amplifier, those things work a treat! Failing that, any Noveske clone will do.

I have a KA amplifier but it's not very effective.

Oh, you need silly RPS too for maximum BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Edited by Skara

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

To get the best Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt II feeling you need massive overvoluming for starters

That, really, you need more blow than your balls can handle.  My Galaxy MP5K is pretty cracky to begin with, and a Sound Hog branded loudener directs it better, but does nothing on my properly volumed M4 or G36C.

A third almost identical reply, it's air volume.

I look after my son's Firehawk, now all GATE Titan'd and MAXX triggered up using 11.1v Li-Io's and which will get its first good hammering at a game this coming weekend, and it's the full cylinder (really, it has one) that's the magic. I run a 4/5 in my DMR but the loopy Firehawk has a bloody full one 😆

It's gone from the stock 120mm inner barrel to an ICS 160mm / 6.04, also had the amplifier swapped over to a short and fat dummy suppressor, and it's still deafening (the amplifier on it really does bugger all sound wise). Now though my boy can spam the very short pull trigger and anyone next to him will have their ears bleed.

Next stop a Warhead motor for full rude boy effect.

So short story shorter, I'm buggered.

Cos there's no way I'm touching the internals of my DE or TM AUG HC, because I want them to carry on working like they do now.  So cylinder swaps are out of the question.  I will try it on the aug tomorrow, just in case that works better, but I can't imagine it's over-volumed either.

Ah well. £12 poorly spent but not the end of the world.  I'm having a clear out sale of kit soon, it'll be in there!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

cylinder swaps are out of the question

Then you absolutely should not duct tape a piece of beer[*] can over the cylinder cut-out because it will 100% cause your gun to explode and kill you.  I've died twice from doing it. :( 

[*] You must only use Stella cans in a TM.  It's still a fatal error, but at least you won't die like a poor.

17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Then you absolutely should not duct tape a piece of beer[*] can over the cylinder cut-out because it will 100% cause your gun to explode and kill you.  I've died twice from doing it. :( 

[*] You must only use Stella cans in a TM.  It's still a fatal error, but at least you won't die like a poor.

Damn it, I've got a mountain of White Lightning cans, no Stella

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.